Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Little Update

Me had been absolutely busy, that’s y can’t see much post from me nowadays. Day time I have to work and night time when I’m home I need to “serve” my two princes at home.

Yes, they are at the nursery, first day sent them off, they cry so hard! Hug me so tight and don’t let me go and the teacher have to “snatch” them from me. Eh! Look at them crying, my eyes also fill with tears, teacher told me, “go go, faster go, don’t worry, we will take good care of your boys”.

Teacher call me about 2 hours later, said the boys had settle down, but Cruz on off still crying and asking for mummy! So, on the first day, teacher had called me three times to ensure they are fine and ask me not too worry. When evening time I go and pick them up, I thought I can see their smiley face and welcome me to pick them up. No! Indeed they cry, like so “kesian” like blaming me why I leave them there. Aiyo, my heart is so pain!
Reach home, they look so tired, maybe they didn’t sleep well at the nursery, by 8pm, they already want to sleep.

Day two also the same thing, crying crying crying, and Cruz as usual hold me so tight (mind you, this boy real got a strong bone & stubborn). And Fearles is hugging my leg, and when teacher want to took over from me, they cry even louder! Haih! Again! They have to take them from me, and went into the house right away, I can hear their loud cry outside the nursery! But I have improved, I can control my tears.hahahah. And on day two evening, due to I need to work a bit late so ask hub to pick them up. By the time I reach home at about 7.30pm, Cruz is already on the bed! I was wondering what happen to him, did he really didn’t have nap in the nursery? That’s y he is tired? And he didn’t even have his dinner, so I make him some milk and change him and put him to bed again.

It’s already a week they are at the nursery, Teacher Val (the person in charge) did call me every day to tell me how is my boys doing. And she told me now my boys very attached to Teacher Irene (which is a Sabahan, but got Chinese look), my boys call her kakak. Hahaha. Teacher Val tell me they don’t really like to sleep in the room (where the place all the kids will have nap together) they prefer to sleep outside at the living room, so the teacher just leave what they want. And now Teacher Irene will be their nanny, fully concentrate on two of them only, my boys only want her to carry them and feed them. And Teacher Irene can’t get out of sight of my boys, they will start looking for her, if she went “missing” hahaha..This is the same situation when I’m at home with them, that’s y u said how am I going to my housework? And sit in front of the computer and blog?

Last few days I was busy with my month end closing, I had to ask hub to help me pick them up from the nursery. And one of the night I was doing OT till 8.30pm and me so sick worried about my boys at home. Hub also sick and last few days my boys also down with fever, fever come and go, morning ok, night start fever. *sigh* Lucky they are ok now. SIL#1 helping me when I was working late, and yet she also has two boys to attend, me feel bad! And also my colleagues have to help me to finish my work because I can’t stay back late. And they do my things till 12am. I really feel very bad!

Yesterday, I can go back on time, yeah! I’m so happy; I’m so excited want to see my boys. When I reach there, I saw Cruz was playing inside near the door (they close the class door inside the nursery), when he saw me he give me a big smile and call me “mummy mummy” and follow by Fearles, he also greet me with a big smile. This is what I want to see, I want to see them happy. And I’m quite amaze, when they about to leave they know how to get their shoe from the shoe rack and wear. They said bye bye to the teacher and also their friends at the nursery. My boys had grown up lo! And now at home if they poo, Cruz will touch his little “bum bum” and signing to me that he had poo and Fearles after poo he will come and tell me “mummy mm mm” and touch his “bum bum” too. Hope they really will learn something from the nursery.






21 comments:

Vien said...

This is good news! They will become more and more independent. :)

EstherL said...

Amazing, jst one week only, they are become discipline. 'Sai Lei' 'Sai Lei'

Etcetera~Mommy said...

Wow, which nursery is that la? Teachers are so responsible, someone you could see a visible improvement on yr boy's discipline. Very good.. Nah.. now u 'fong sum' la.. u made the right decision. Do they still cry in the morn?

babykhong said...

Eh, the nursery seems quite good hor. Which one do you go to? Looks like Fearles & Cruz learn a lot too!

sue said...

Kids tend to tire themselves up by crying. Me also heartache just reading your account of it.

I'm also wondering which nursery you send them to, it's so great that the teacher called you 3 times to reassure you that they're alright! So responsible and such understanding for a worried mom.

I can imagine how tired you would be for the past week, glad that there learning to love their new environment. Give them hugs for me okay? (((hug)))

huisia said...

glad to hear both of them are learning well there..you will see their massive improvement when days come by.

jazzmint said...

good to hear that...then u more fong sum liao :)

King's wife said...

Looks like they are getting all the attention they need and are well looked after. No need to worry liao! :)

IMMomsDaughter said...

See, I told you that'll adapt fast. We mommies just need to be cruel to be kind. Ya, it took my Ryan one week of crying last time and I also noticed putting his shoes on the shoe rack was one of the first thing he learned :)

Good for you and your boys!

mommy of two angels said...

wah you must be so relieved! the boys settled down with their teacher and you can concentrate on your work lor...eh this nursery very good la...keep calling you and reporting so u dun get worried!

michelle said...

Looks like the teachers are very helpful. Sad to see them cry but they adapt very fast. They also can learn fast from nursery from other children. Hope you have more happy stories to share in the coming days.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Glad to hear all is well. They learn really quick...just 1 week there and there's improvement :D So now you don't worry so much, ok?

mom2ashley said...

nothing beats getting a smile from the kids after a long day huh!

Rachel said...

Hey your teacher really good to assure you they are fine. Ya no worry they will learn more thing and meet more friends. I can imagine your happiness when seeing learn new things.

Desperate Mummy said...

Don't worry Annie from my experience I can tell you that you sure can see your boys learn a lot from nursery.

Binky, Blogging & Such said...

It's always the first few days or week that is the hardest for the child and mom alike. Of course, being separated for a few hours at a stretch is something foreign to them and they just need some time to get adjusted to the new surrounding and people in it. Am also glad to hear both your boys are making such amazing improvements in their social skills as well as being gradually independent now. Great work, kids!

Angeleyes said...

So glad to hear your boys are doing fine at the Nursery....

King's wife said...

Your comment in my blog is too hard to resist. I've tagged you! ;-)

karenyiau said...

It must be hard for us to have to leave our kids for work, but no choice la, at least you found a good & reliable nursery. I also plan to send my boy when he turns 3. ;)

zara's mama said...

How come they are sent to nursery now?

But after a while, I think they will get used to it. My turn next year. :-|

LA My Home said...

they just need to get used to the feeling of being at a different place without mommy. it may take a few days/weeks but the result is good - for them being more independent. see now they are happy happy already. they happy, mommy also happy!

whoisbaby