Monday, June 11, 2007

Weird taste-bud

Wohooo...i'm back! I'm not going anywhere, i just "Lazy" around. Clearing some of my works & njoy some of my "honeymoon" time. And at home, no time to blog so there u go, two weeks MIA..hahahahaha.Ok, today i'm going to write some very old post, that had "lying" there for sometime.Read the title - weird taste-bud, yes my sons got a very weird taste-bud!!

Cruz - he love assam (Plum - sour)a lot. I knew it when one of the day we went out for family dinner, and he saw my hub sister got one bottle assam, he ask for it, we told him it's sour, so think might just let him to try out. Once he ate one, he couldnt stop it, he just eat one after another till we have to hide that bottle of assam.And another time when at home, he want my hub sister to carry him out of sudden and "telling" her that he wants to go to her room - (by pointing and follow by uurrg,arrggg,weerrg...)Go to the room, he saw the assam he grab it and come down with the assam and eat in front of me. I almost faint, when i see him eat the assam, one after another one, half bottle he finish it less than 10 mins. I feel like so "sour" by looking at him eating the assam.Yikes!And now he likes to glue to my SIL#2 too, because their room's got assam, and his mummy dont eat assam and he cant find any assam in my room. hahahahaha. I had try once the assam, i can't even swallow it, it so sour & salty!(I can't take sour thing and i dont like too)See the bottle, this is the one that he finish half bottle all by himself.How i wish he can wallop his meal like this!But not assam!






*************************************************************************************





I think all of us do have this Scott's Emulsion when we are young. I dont like the taste at all, everyday my grandma will force me to have one tablespoon without fail. I have "phobia" for this.I dont want my sons like me too, so when i first introduce to them,i give them those with orange flavour one, they like it.After sometime, this mummy told me, give them too much it will cause phlegm.I told her i'm scare they dont like the original taste. During chinese new year, when i'm back to Sibu, my mum feed them the original taste one, they just love it! From there onwards i bought the original.Everyday, when they saw it they will ask for it, spoon by spoon, of course i dont give much, i pour little bit so can give them few small spoon. They eat it like they are having yogurt!They will chase after me and give me the bottle and told me "mummy, fish" hahaha..ya i told them that is fish oil, but they only can remember fish!And they will become very good boy when is time for feeding the cod liver oil. They will sit still and i will give each of them a spoon and pour bit by bit on the spoon, they have it and said "Aarrmmm"!!

17 comments:

min said...

hehe. lil' boy like Cruz likes assam!!!! that's so weird!!! but beware of the seed okie? or did u give him the seedless one?
I hate the original flavour Scott's Emulsion too!!!! Same like u , i have
"phobia" too!! :)

Etcetera~Mommy said...

I'be always loved Scott's when I was a toddler. Hmm.. time for me to instil that on Ryan.. :P

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hahahaha...kids are funny sometimes. Luckily your boys like Scott's Emulsion. It's really good but I haven't tried it with Ashley. I drank a lot of this too when I was a kid. Ashley also has funny taste bud...she likes sourish stuff like those Haw Paw flakes...:D

King's wife said...

They like the original horrible tasting Scott's Emulsion??? Eewwww...My mum had to chase me around the house to eat it when I was young.
Your boys really got unusual taste wor...

jazzmint said...

hehehe eh my girl and both ur boys can high 5 lah...

Elly said...

hi! congrats on ur new job! hvnt been blogging for 2weeks...better late than never hor! all the best to u!

Angeleyes said...

Aiyoh! Darrius also likes assam! My mom gave him some and since then he will ask for it when he saw the bottle!

It's good your boys love the cod fish oil... I still have not started giving that to Darrius...

sue said...

Eeee... while reading you post I imagine Cruz eating the assam one by one so fast I also "tah lang zhan" already.. so sour!

Oscar's Mommy said...

aikes! i hated the tast of the scott emulsion! i gave oscar the orange one too but stopped cos oscar prefers to take multivit tablets. hehe.

Anggie's journel said...

hmm, i dun like the original taste of scott's emulsion too, but good lei ur boy like it. Orginal is better than the orange flavour . Mummy boys clever !!! :)

Jacss said...

i kept swallowing saliva reading yr assam story....indeed weird Cruz...hahaha!! so next time when struggling with meal, pop in assam lol!!

seems like many mummies here were lucky to have consumed d 'emulsion' thing. me....mom can't afford for 5 of us i think???

Sasha said...

i takut with the scott emulsion taste . jaydenusd to like it then he suddenly dont like it. dnno why

LA My Home said...

when i hear ur boy eats so many assam, my cheek also sour already. my saliva all came out. he sure likes assam so much.

the scott emulsion original one is better than orange one.

whoisbaby

Binky, Blogging & Such said...

Aaw.. so cute. I also loved the Scott's Emulsion Cod Liver Oil when I was younger, but if you give me a spoonful these days, I'll run away first! Hahaaaa!

karenyiau said...

Hey I thought my son Dillon is weird coz he loves asamboi also, hahaha, now got members liao. :)

Sweetpea said...

hmm... mine takes the orange flavour with Efalex. i wonder if he'll accept the original :)

sabrina said...

Need your help, is there any cod liver oil which have same color with scott emulsion originaL??