Monday, July 09, 2007

bye bye night feed....

Woohoo, it's been almost two weeks that i don't give my boys night feed. U all must be thinking i'm crazy, night feed my boys till they are 2 years old +? Yes, i can't bear to see them hungry (or they won't). My boys sleep early at night, normally by 8.30pm they will doze off, if we don't go out for dinner. This is they usual sleep time.

So their last milk will be around 8.15pm to 9pm, and i will always thought that they will feel hungry in the middle of the night, they can't sleep through till morning. When they are young, yes i need to feed them around 3am, if no when they wake up at 5am want to have milk, they will start to play till 7am than they doze off again, poor me have to entertain them till morning, when they doze off than it's time for me to go to work.

And it's already become a habit for me to wake up everynight at 3am to feed them milk and at the same time to wake daddy up to go to work.I always said to myself, when they still want milk why not i give them till they grow a bit older? Even, i know it's really tired and hard to wake up at 3am to feed them, i always drag myself up and feed them. On 28/6, as usual i feed them milk at 3am, surprisingly is both of them refuse to drink the milk. Normally i will just make them milk, they will hold the bottle and drink with their eye close while i change their dypers. But that night they don't want the milk, second night also the same, so i thought ok, i don't make any milk and see what time they will wake up. They sleep through till morning 7.30am!!! And after they wake up i make a big bottle for them to drink before they go to school. Only once in a while, Cruz will call me to make milk for him. He will call me "Mi...nen nen..."

So i can sleep through the night without waking up in the middle of night lo.

15 comments:

King's wife said...

Now you have to train yourself to sleep thru the night! :D

Jacss said...

Salute u lar.........good mumy!!
Do u believe my boys had their night feeding right up to .............their complete 3 years old??? It was damn torturing!!!

I used to feel so embarassed to tell ppl that they were still night fed then......but but but i was such a bad mumy compared to u coz most of d time, it was d dady that couldn't bear their cries & dragged himself up to make d nen nen while i just doze off pretended that i don't hear any cry :p !!!!

Etcetera~Mommy said...

So now ma nobody wakes Daddy up lor? :P

Anggie's journel said...

What a good and 'rajin' mummy... i dun feed Jeremy midnight since he was 7 month .. even sometime he wake up , i will just gave him water, pasified or he will play himself til he fall a sleep again.
Now is good for you.. can sleep more.

jazzmint said...

bravoo...at last no need to wake up and can have a good night sleep

laundryamah said...

yeah!!!! dont worry too much it's ok that they don't have the night feed one....hahaha...

1+2mom said...

You worry too much, actually give them some water will do. My children all no more nite feed after they 1 year old.

Sasha said...

no more panda eye lor

eh if u think its cruel not to feed them ah means I'm VERY CRUEL LEH!

mumsgather said...

Congratulations. They grew out of it by themselves. :) Btw, I tagged you. Check it out? :) FTWM or SAHM

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Good that now you can sleep through the night. I am still in the midst of training my youngest son. he would automatically wake up at around 2.30ish but it has been 10 days that I have refused to feed him and he seems to accept it better than previously...no huge riot.

Hope I could be like you too..no more night feeds.

michelle said...

Less diaper to change if no more night feeds. Poor you, cannot sleep thru the night. Tim was like that but thank goodness, he overgrew it after 2 years old.

Desperate Mummy said...

I guess they must be very tired during day time at nursery. Yahoo! mummy can sleep well alreadi :D

IMMomsDaughter said...

I'm even more crazy, I still night feed my girl at 3yo++. Lol.

mom2ashley said...

wow! so rajin ah? wake up at 3am to feed them? Me on the other hand am so glad that Aidan has started sleeping through the night! At least we can have a good night's sleep :) hehehe

healy said...

first time here. You happy lah. No more nen nen at night. I still have to feed my Elizabeth at 3.30 or 4am.
:(