Tuesday, February 05, 2008

My "Sotong"!

Maid story again, my Cambodia maid really make me scream and drive me up the wall all the time! Even though she is with me for about 5 months and nearly to half year, she is still blur, always day dream, do thing still in a super slow pace. I always tell her do things fast, but she is still took her own sweet time and do the house work!!

One thing that made me pissed is she can’t wake up in the morning. I ask her to wake up at 6am every morning, but she wake up at 6.45am and sometime when I wake up at 7.15am she still sleeping, I have to wake her up. She don’t feel “guilty” or she is wrong, she will wake up slowly make up her bed and slowly go and wash my boys laundry. Sei mou?? Me is rushing to work and ask her to get ready the two boys, so how don’t I scream? I forgot to said, even with the alarm clock rang, she also can’t wake up! The most great part is what, when u ask her what time u wake up she will tell u 5.30am or 6am!!! Till today still the same, I have to make myself to wake up at 5.30am to just make sure she is waking up at 5.30am. *sigh*

Last two weeks, when my mum was in town, I took one day off to company my mum shopping. After sending my boys to nursery I had breakfast with my mum and I realise I forgot to bring something, so I turn back home. I told my mum I should “spot check” on what is my maid doing when no one at home. I park my car a bit far and I walk back, when I open the door I didn’t see my maid, I thought she is sleeping but she is not, I heard kitchen got sound, so I went to kitchen and see what she is doing. She is concentrating cutting Isetan pre sale leaflet, which night before I clear my mail and throw it. I see some of my maxis bill also on the table and also credit card statement! I got shock, I stand there and look at her she didn’t realise me and the stove are boiling the soup and there is plates and cups to be wash but it all still lying in the basin. After I call up her, she look shock and smile at me, I ask her what is she doing, she telling me she is cutting the paper. Walau! My fire start, I told her, I paid her to work not to cut paper and I wonder why she keep all the papers (those telephone bill and bank statement and some waste paper). I lecture her and I told her I want to check her bag. She unlock her bag yes, she always lock her bag, and I don’t bother till that day I wonder how many things she had keep behind me.

After open up the bag, first nothing wrong, all is clothes, I check all the clothes and pants too. To my shock, I found there is 3 DVDs in her bag which belongs to my husband, one English, one Chinese and one Japan animation cartoon!!!! I ask her why there is DVDs in her bag, she said we throw!!!! I told her no, we didn’t throw any DVDs and the DVDs are still in good condition. I found another 8 cans of sardines in the bag, which I bought for her just in case some of the day we don’t cook so she can eat, but she don’t she keep it all! Maybe she wanted to bring it back to her hometown, hey! That still got a long time to go (she has to be here for two years contract) and I found some coins in her pants pocket too, she pick the coins when she wash our clothes. No, not finish yet, I found my sons and my SIL’s sons small toys in her bag too. Small aeroplanes and small cars! She claims we throw it, I again told her I didn’t throw, that aeroplanes my boys love it a lot, which I won’t throw. I really really mad at her! I even took a picture of the things she took, I told her I will go and report police, but she just act calm, like no big deal with her, make me more fuming!!!! It really spoilt my day and mood.

From that day onwards, I told myself I will spot check her bag once a while, to give her surprise.

Still got many more stories about my maid, to be continue.

*Sotong = blur*

11 comments:

Sasha said...

wah lau when u took pic of the stuff she just buat dunno only ah? u better becareful lo...

khongfamily said...

Aiyooo..sooo scary! She's weird, isn't she?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Sei for lor.... reading your post also made me boiling if I were you. Can u just send her bk to the agent and get a replacement? She's so terrible!!

Sweetpea said...

with all the stories i hear about you mums and the maids, i am glad for once i am the slave myself!

she knows you will spotcheck her already, she will hide things somewhere else. tell her even if you throw things, she needs to ask if she can have it or not. jjeezzz! that is already stealing. can't u report her to the agent?

don't have her have many things in her room, so you can check easily. under mattress ker, in the pillow ker, in between undies ker... kekkekee..

be careful with all the angpaus!

KUNG HEI FATT CHOY!!

Sweetiepie said...

WOW!your maid really calm huh!Last time i did bodycheck on my maid.From that bad experience i never dare to hire one.I guess she has a mental problem.Becareful ya!

Vien said...

Hey, becareful leh..if she has been looking over your cc statements, that means only one thing..trying to steal your cc #. Next time better shred all your statements before you trash them.

etceteramommy said...

WTF??? Still act calm??? I would be boiling mad too! Why not send her back to the agent for *lecture*? Sotong is okay but looks like she's taking things without permission which is abig NO NO. Hey, you drive her into a police station la.. see she scared or not. :P

Gong Xi Fa Cai again~~

mama of 2LittleFellas said...

looks like she is not so sotong. kinda suspicious what she is doing with your credit card statement. better be careful and watch her closely.

mybabybay said...

At this point, better send her back and change another one. I find that the part time maids are better.

Malaika's mummy said...

I think it is better you monitor her closely from now onwards. She is not a sotong afterall. Wish you all the best.

jacss said...

Quite scary to hear yr maid stories...yeah, i agree she's acting blur & not real sotong leh!

I think you should consider talking to the agent seriously...at least let the agent give her a lesson (behind close door)...u know what i mean !!

be careful & cautious !!