Monday, May 26, 2008

3rd Birthday Party Bash

This year we had a small steamboat birthday party for the twins at home. Not invite many guests, since we are doing steamboat, I really can’t cope to prepare so much food.

Day before the birthday, we bought all the foods for the steamboat. On the day itself, early morning, ask maid to boil two big pots of soup. Then I start to clean the vegetables, prawns, meat, defrost the meat, meat balls and fish balls and marinate the mince meat for the water dumpling (sui gao) and also for the spaghetti. At the same time I also have to look after the two boys, and decorate the house. With so many kids at home, it’s hard to do the decoration. After ask the maid to put the boys to sleep I sneak out to have a quick lunch with my biz partner, Vivian nearby my house. I ask help from her, since I can’t do all the things myself and some more with two kids running around, even with a maid. I do all the work myself and ask the maid to take care my kids, rather than asking her to do, and I have to do the “touch up”.

Afternoon, the cup cakes lady sent over the cup cakes, then I start wrap the water dumplings and get the drinks and foods ready and with some more balloons decorations (since most already bursted!) Around 5pm, I quickly cook the spaghetti sauce and start fried some nuggets and chicken drummets for the kids. I tell you, it’s really not easy to prepare the foods for about 40 pax which including our family members. Lucky with the help from my younger SIL’s and hub sister, I can go for a quick shower before the guests come. Angie & her little prince Oscar was the first to come, too bad I still busy at the kitchen, hahahhahahahha, followed by Jazzmint and Sue, then my aunty Esther & family, Laundry Amah & family and last is sexy and preggy mummy Sasha and her two Cs. We had a good time chatting, yakking, eating and catching up.

This year I order cup cakes for the boys’s birthday instead of the cake, at least something different. All the kids are thrill when they see the cartoon character cup cakes. When all the kids sang “happy birthday” song, I feel so touch and got tears in my eyes. (hahahhaha this mummy so sentimental and easy to "shed" crocodile tears).

Thanks for those who come to my two little boy birthday party, and thanks everyone for the lovely pressies!! Hope u all did enjoy yourself that night. Thanks to Jazzmint and Sue for the pictures, two of them are the photogs for the night, as i didn't take any pictures on my own camera!!!

to view more picture from here ( jazz's album)

pictures from sue's camera



waiting for daddy to light up the candles


Happy birthday !!


Blowing off the candles!


Blow blow blow....


posing for the camera


thinking which cup cakes to take


cup cakes



see how Cruz eat his cup cake


Fearles more gentle way eating the cup cake


Cruz the birthday boy


Sue's elder son Ivan, finger licking good..yummy the cup cake


my two darlings!!

15 comments:

sue said...

Thanks again for having us :D My boys really had fun there. I went to Centrepoint to look for the swords but kenot find :S

Blur Angel said...

wow.. u boys are three already! very soon can "kao lui" already right? come come , let che che give u tips and how to kao leng luis ok??? Happy 3rd Birthday!!! *hugs*

Eva said...

Happy belated birthday to Fearless and Cruz! Hehehe!same-same here I also cry when I see my kids grow up so fast.

jacss said...

yeah, cooking for 40 pax is no kidding...but u already did it, kudos to u!!
eh, u r really one emotional cat ehh until i also feel 'kam tung' edi...
you 2 boys...remember how much yr mumy love you, k?

etceteramommy said...

What a blast! So funny of Cruz trying to make the peace sign. So cute!!!

Happy Birthday again to the boys...

Anggie's journel said...

Happy belated birthday to Fearless and Cruz! the cupcake was really great !!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

ahhh...lovely cuppies!!! So sorry we couldn't be there :( Your two darlings are surely growing up well. So handsome too ;)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Wow, look at those cup cakes, so gorgeous. Happy b'day Fearles & Cruz!
BTW, I left you an email on your question.

jazzmint said...

happy birthday fearles & cruz, and thx for inviting us :). we all had a great time yakking and eating hehe..the cupcake vy nice lah..good move

Vien said...

Wah, you were really busy, eh that day? If it's me, I'll probably cater..hehe..lazy mah!

Mummy to QiQi said...

happy birthday to your boys...macam very yummy the cream on the cupcakes :)

laundryamah said...

thanks for having us over..love the food!! apologies again for leaving early...

mybabybay said...

Cruz looks cute with red beard. :P~~

Krystal said...

The cupcakes look so yummy :) *slurp*

Happy Birthday to the boys again!

twin said...

happy bday cruz and fearles!!! cupcakes look really nice and yummy!