Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shocked!! Son's nursery closed down!




Shocked?? Yesterday after work I went to gym, before I enter gym, I received two missed call from the teacher at my son’s nursery. I got worried, thought what happen to my boys, but I had already informed hub to go and pick the boys up.

Call back the teacher, and I got a shock news from her, she told me the school will closed by this Friday, at first I thought she is telling me the school will close on Friday, then she told me no, the nursery will closed down, no more open! I really shock to hear that, I said “today is Wednesday and u tell me day after is last day? Why so last minute?” Teacher also told me she don’t know anything, she just got a call from the principle in the morning said the school will closed and please inform all the parent. She said if got anything please clarify with the principle, (the teacher also sound a bit worried, because she herself also will jobless!!!!) Try to contact the principle, but cannot get her, she told me she is lecture at that time. I ask her I heard that the school will closed down is it ? She said “yes” I ask her “how come such a short notice to inform the parent? Those parent without any helper won’t that be a trouble for them to hunt for new school/nursery for the kids?” I consider I’m lucky because I still got a sotong maid at home, can ask her to help for temporally. I’m pissed , because she didn’t call me back after that, she only said “sorry” and just told me the landlord want to have the house back, and she had been trying very hard to find a new place, but cannot find and also the rental very expensive. But why only tell us at the last minute, I assume she knew it much earlier, at least just tell us be prepare they might want to close, and we can find a alternative place.

Sigh! Actually I do have plan to sent my boys to a kindy nearby my house, since the cousins also at that kindy, just when is the correct time to sent them there. Now, since the nursery going to close, I think it’s time for me to sent them to that kindy, it will be only half day class, no more full day, noon time they will be back at home, and maid will take care them and give them afternoon nap. School holiday they will stay at home already, no more go to school, which currently, even school holiday I still sent my boys to nursery. Overall, they will spend more time at home now. Hope my sotong maid don’t give me surprise always.

I am sure my boys going to miss the teacher and their Indian small friends very much. Such a short notice, I didn’t manage to get anything for the small kids , but I will prepare a small gift for the teacher, to thanks her for her effort. I think mummy get more emo than the two boys! :(

15 comments:

khongfamily said...

Aiyoo..it is indeed very shocking to hear that! Lucky you still have a maid to help out.

Anggie's Journal said...

Actually not right lor what they did, at least 1 to 2 weeks notice mah, i also hate last minutes notice ... arrrggggg .....

Must had something happened to the kiddy la. other wise won had happened last minutes. ....

Blur Angel said...

that's bad! i saw your nick on MSN today but i was too busy to message u ! anyways , send them to kindy lo... i'm sure sotong can help a bit la.. because your MIL , FIL will still be there to watch/guide her rite? G'Luck!

giddy tigress said...

Look on the bright side - maybe it all happened for a good reason? Take care...

mumsgather said...

Thats terribly irresponsible. It will be really tough on those others who have to arrange something else last minute. Luckily you are ok.

sue said...

What lah, really last minute... like everyone say, lucky you have a maid at home, if not also hopefully SILs can help out for a while. Really irresponsible, the headmistress... I think she's scared later if betul2 can get a place everybody found a new kindy edi if she told you all earlier..

Mummy to QiQi said...

hah? close down just like that? so weird!!

Vien said...

HEhe..that pic really shows the real expression. Like you've said, you're fortunate to at least have a helper at home. Imagine those parents who don't?

Angeleyes said...

wah! Macam ini pun ada kah?????
I thought in Bangsar things will be done differently... more professional handling of such matters... guess I'm wrong.

The principal should compensate the parents! Leaving them in a limbo!

shooi said...

EEEYEERRR!!! Why like tat one?? I read also geram! The principle is so irresponsible.

You sure u want to leave your kids at home in the afternoon with your sotong maid ah? Got anyone to help you keep an eye. If it is just her, can trust boh?

Best of luck!

LittleLamb said...

try tadika chin on jalan off maarof.
not sure they still accept application or not...

mybabybay said...

I always thought kindy business is very good. Hrmm...at least send a official notice, rather than verbal notice. It is so irresponsible of them.

Anyway all the best to your hunting for a new school for your boys.

Annie Q said...

khongfamily: ya, lucky i got "back-up" :)

anggie: yea, i hate last minute too! If w/o any helper that will be more stress!

blur angel: no choice lo, have to sent to kindy. I think should be ok, sotong only help for half a day, by the time the kids back home will be napping time. Then just 2-3 hours i will be home already.

giddy tigress: thanks! Ya, i'm looking at the bright side :)

mumsgather: They are irresponsible, that make me pissed!

sue: that also another reason i think, she dare to tell us earlier, just in case we all go, but shouldn't be this way, just two days notice! At least a week.

mummy to qiqi: weird lei, i also said it's weird.:(

vien: ya, i pity those parent without helper, have to find the school in two days time.

angeleyes: yea wor, macam ini pun ada wor. Surprise lei! I also shocked!

shooi: I pissed is they just inform in such a short notice, since the principle told me she find other place already, but cannot find any is suitable, means she know it earlier, but she didnt tell at all! Sotong maid ar, my SIL will be at home can keep an eye, and after my kids back from school, they will having their afternoon nap, then by the time, i will be back home another 2-3 hours, should be ok lo.

little lamb: thanks!

mybabybay: no verbal notice, it's sms!! Only the teacher told me, and the teacher also blur blur don't know what is happening! Thanks Michelle!

jacss said...

wow...that's very irresponsible of the principal. i think she will have to hide her face in the public if she ever bump into the parents....she just didn't know the big impact on the parents with such kind of act, very bad very bad!
anyway, hope it's gonna be a good start for your boys in d kindy too!

Sasha said...

yr condition is like my condition also. I was thinking when to send J..when to send and suddenly the nanny case pop up. So they helped us to decide earlier.