Thursday, August 07, 2008

Backdated - Two nice birthday dinners

Ever since i got kids, i can said i never been to hotel to hava nice buffet dinner. I think my last buffet dinner at hotel, don't know is how long ago. (so kesian)

Last month, hub good buddy Vincent, invite us to join him for dinner at Renaissance hotel, feel good to go back again (i worked there before). This is also my first time bring the boys to hotel to have buffet dinner, i'm really worried, how they behaved. Will they run here and there and accidently knock the buffet counter. Before i go i pack some toys and books for them to draw, just to keep them occupied when i'm enjoying my food.

Reach there, Vincent and his wife and kids are there already, and one of his good friend, so only six of us (including my maid). Yes, you heard me right, my maid enjoy the buffet dinner too!!!! Now i'm a bit regret after the "previous" incident. hahhahahaha, NO MORE NEXT TIME!! Lucky on that saturday night not so many diners only few tables, and with some kids too, so i'm not alone.

First thing, of course must get some food for the boys to keep them quiet then only i start digging in the buffet counter. I'm surprise my boys enjoy the food too and also the dessert, Cruz eat so much till i so scare he puked. After my boys finish their food, i give them their draw and wipe book to draw, hotel do give them the colouring thing too. While they busy with their book, their mummy are busy with the food. hahahahhahahah Kids next to our table and the kids on our table,they mix up very fast and become friends, all running around, having a good time. *faint*

We do enjoy ourself very much, hope there will be more to come??hahahhahahah

my food


My boys looking at foods on the table

Vincent's wife and kids and friend



our dessert

Cruz


mummy & the boys


Another picture of me & my boys


Fearles


Vincent's family picture


Birthday cake complimentary from the hotel


Kids are busy drawing on the wipe and draw book, presents from IMM
notice the boy standing behind with yellow shirt, he is from next table.





Last week, we (me & my ex colleagues) celebrate my biz partner Vivian birthday at Le Meridien Hotel, again for the buffet dinner. This round i go without kids, thought i can enjoy myself again, but hor, the food..hmmmm....i'm not really enjoy it. I walk many rounds, i don't know what to eat. End up i only eat little here little there then full, we are more on yakking than eating. How embarrassed, because we are buying the birthday girl dinner and yet not a good one. Next day, Le Meridien staff call me back and do the survey and i make a "small" complain about the food. So bad of me yah? *blek*

Birthday girl - Vivian with the present that we give

Me & the birthday girl

group picture

dessert

one of the counter serving indian cuisine..

19 comments:

Sasha said...

wah buffet!! * drool* its been a loooong looong time since we had buffet *sigh*

Mommy to Chumsy said...

wow...the food looks delicious. With kids around...hard to enjoy eh? :(

mumsgather said...

The dessert looks nice even though I'm more of a savoury rather than sweet person. Hehe.

Mummy to QiQi said...

same here, annie, no more buffets :(

jazzmint said...

wah the food looks yummy!! gosh....i agree with u, i cant recall when was the last time i really sit and enjoy my buffet

slavemom said...

I seldom eat buffet coz feel that it's not worth the $$$. :D Reason - I don't eat those expensive raw food like oysters n sashimi. But I like dim sum buffets.

sue said...

Arrrrgh.... don't care, after my confinement is over I'm going for buffet!!!! How much is the Renaissance one?

mybabybay said...

The food looks good. I see oyster!!! Is it expensive?

Binky, Blogging and Such said...

I like your hairstyle! I don't have a sweet tooth, but the cake and desserts looked so nice and elegant.

jacss said...

at least d sushi looked great...emm, am going to do some this weekend...see la, so easily got influence lar me :)!!

yr fearles, so cool lar where else lil cruz pulak so cheeky!!
so now that it's passed...more buffet to come for d twins!!

LittleLamb said...

wahhhh look at the spread...
its tempting..

L'abeille said...

*drools*

Health Freak Mommy said...

Yums, the food looks good. Next time you eat buffet at hotels, your maid can eat ala carte, not so expensive!

janicepa said...

those sashimi... and... oysters.. yummy !!!

IMMomsDaughter said...

Ha ha...glad to see the books came to good use. If not for office function, I also don't know how long didn't go enjoy hotel food.

Krystal said...

Actually le meridien buffet is one of the best around I think. There's so much variety of food, but maybe doesn't suit your taste :(

Angeleyes said...

the desserts look very interesting leh!!!

allthingspurple said...

wah, you very good foresight leh, bring toys and books to occupy the kids. Reading about Renaissance reminds me long time never go there. Got privilege card also use only two three times a year. very wasteful hor? maybe next year shouldn't renew already.

sigh..long time never have girls night out already. Envy you. The Meridien's desserts looks good. The Indian spread also looks good. Doesn't taste so good meh? How come they call back for survey wan,ar? Didn't realise hotel marketing is so good nowaday.

little prince's mummy said...

Wow!~ sushi~~ yummy...