Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Maid story again....

First time i blog at this hour 6.20am, i wake up at 5.45am to spot check my maid. (my usual wake up time is 7.20am) Since now i can't go back to sleep, i rather sit here and blog.

MIL told me, my maid back to her normal self again, which she cannot wake up at 5.30am. For past i don't know how long ,she start wake up at 6.15am or 6.30am and Monday she only wake up at 7am!!!! She didn't prepare my sons water tumbler when i check at 8am i didn't question her, but i put up my angry face, i told her if she can't do , she can go to sleep and i will be the maid! She told my MIL that she can't wake up is because we went out and come back late on Sunday night, she only sleep at 2am!!!! I tell you, big liar! Yes, we are coming back late, but she go to sleep at 12am, i know it's a bit late, but that is only on weekend, weekday, my sons sleep early, she also sleep around 9.30pm! Not every weekend she will sleep at 12am, only once in a while, not always! I so pissed! Today i wake up at 5.45am, when i go downstair, still no light, no sign of her anywhere, i open her room door, saw her still sleeping! Arrrrggg!!! Wake her up, ask her to refresh herself while i laid myself at the living room coach. I want to monitor her work, (ya, she had been with us nearly one year, but still slack!)

Previously she also have problem, cannot wake up to do work, after "goreng goreng" she ok for a month then back to her normal routine again. I always wonder her speed of work, like weekend, wake up at 5.30am then do the normal work routine, but still got some work she cannot finish at 9.30am when i wake up. (normally weekend i will wake up late with my boys), i ask her 4 hours what is she doing, sometime not even mop the floor. She told me she wash my boys baju, then boil the soup, then sweep the floor, but 4 hours, this is just enough time for her to finish.

Night time after my sons sleep, wash the bottles and soak my sons dirty clothes then clean up kitchen (not much to clean) then can go to sleep, i can finish it within 15 mins but my maid have to take up 1/2 hour to 45 mins (yes, i always monitor the time). She is the type you have to follow her everywhere to monitor her work, like a bad employer. I have saw her many times, she do things so so slow till i cannot stand her, i do it myself. That's why till today i still call her "sotong", but this "sotong" SOMETIME can be smart or alert, without me saying she have already done it, not always.

Haih! Saying having a maid is good, got extra hand to help me, but i think sometime i have more stress, just like my colleague said, "sotong" like my stepdaughter, another kid to be taught, but this "kid" more tough to teach then my two boys.

This week will have my mission to wake up early to check on her, maybe in between i will have a "break". Must give her a surprise, everyday check on her then no surprise lo.

Ok, enough of ranting. Now want to go morning market to get my sons soya bean and some bread. Have a good Wednesday everyone!

15 comments:

Krystal said...

Haiya....i kenot stand my indon maid oso...i'll try not to talk to her, else end up scolding her. My filipino maid pulak too smart, oso sometimes got problem. Like ppl said - got maid susah, dun have maid oso susah :(

Yling said...

Maids?! No way, I couldn't stand them invading my privacy, checking my every drawers! So, fired them all!

Sasha said...

got headache dun have also headache..

Soon, i am going to be my own maid.*sigh*

LittleLamb said...

give and take. close one eye. if betul betul monitor, i think i'll be crazy.... really jatuh standard.. but what to do...

jacss said...

sigh...i read also can feel how 'kik sam' it can be!! but what to do, we all acknowledged it's luck when it comes to maid!
not to 'sai meng lar', my maid despite potato(fan shue), she NEVER wakes up late, lucky maybe??
just rmbr jac said, scold too much will grow wrinkle......so gv yrself a smile, hehe

Anggie's Journal said...

ng hou kek hei .... later got wrinkle like jacss said....
Nowsday i read alot abt Maid story .. wah... can really cos so much problem wan ....

Mummy to QiQi said...

my maid terbalik. one hour can finish sweep, mop floor, rendam, wash baju, clean kitchen! All not properly done, thats y so fast!!

Health Freak Mommy said...

My maid also woke up late for 3 consecutive days and I was the one who had to wake her up!

etceteramommy said...

Sounds like my sotong really good life. She can call it a day after my boy goes to bed around 9 plus and only have to wake up ard 7am. Some more can nap/take a break around noon. Lately she seems to slack a bit. Must find a chance to goreng her too.

sue said...

Maids all like that wan la, dont have also pening... samo now I have 3 kids I'm wondering if my 1 maid can kau tim all three onot :S

Hijackqueen said...

'M' for Maid not Mother. I am the maid at home. So nice. No body can scold me even if I woke up at 10am during weekends. Muahahaha!!! Be a bit rajin lor if cannot tahan the maid. No point paying someone yet we are so stress just because of them. I've learn my lesson. No more maid for me.

Annie Q said...

Krystal: mine one is cambodia maid :) lagi worst. Ya, this is what i do also, try not talk to her, talk to her will make my blood boiling.

yling: if i got an extra hand to help me with the kids when i need to go out to do my own things, i don't mind maidless.

sasha: yes, with them or without them also a headache.

little lamb: give them too much freedom, don't monitor them, they will climb and sit on your head. On off have to spot check on them.

jacss: ok ok, don't scold too much, later i get wrinkle..hehehe..thanks!Mine one also a big potatoes!

anggie: ya, maid can cause a pain on the ass! If can, we really don't need a maid, to have less stress.

mummy to qiqi: *sigh* mine is too slow and yours is too fast. hahahhaha

health freak mommy: haih! Mine when i wake her up, she don't feel guilty at all lagi jialat!

etceteramommy: wow!! Your maid so good, some more got afternoon nap or take a break. tsk tsk tsk.

Sue: but lucky Ivan is older now, easier to handle,so only left Izac and the new born. But your mum can help you to keep an eye right? Better than mine, me got no one to help. :(

hijackqueen: If i can, i really don't like to have a maid. Paid and get stress, but sometime when i need to go out on weekend to run some errand, at least got someone to help me to take care of them, rather than i bring them together with me. This is the difficult part lo.

Binky, Blogging and Such said...

You folks in Malaysia and Singapore are truly privileged. We middle class people here in US can't afford maids or nanny, even for those (single) mothers who work 2 or 3 jobs to support the family... With all these problems with the Indon maids, might as well get rid of them once and for all, because it'll just drive your blood pressure higher... :-)

IMMomsDaughter said...

Poor you. If me, already vomit blood and kick her out of houselah. Better do it yourself.

allthingspurple said...

all my maids for the last 8 years wake up late also. almost every day. We moms are the maids, We wake up at 6 am to get our kids ready for school, maids sleep till 8 am even though they turn in at 9 or 10 pm (no work mah). Once, one maid even sleep from 10 pm to 10 am for 2 consecutive week. I diam diam only lah. then send back for replacement. I have scolded, counseled, advise, persuade, tried to understood so many maids over the last 8 years that finally now, I gave up, no more maids for me. Exhausted everyday, but happier.

Actually, at least your maid didnt abuse your kid or try to run away with them, still can tolerate, I think. One of mine ( a replacement reject maid) try to sell my baby and another two was abusive intentionally (before we found out and started scolding them). heart wrenching just thinking back about it.