Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Embarrassing moment..

This is not a tag post, it's my real embarrassing moment!!

Last week, when one customer called, i answer the call, the caller told me he want to come to our office and want to know the procedure on how to apply and get our products. I told him over the phone on how to go about it, but he said he will come to the office, since he is in KL now, he told me he is from Sarawak. Me want to be "nice" & "friendly" and told him, "oh, i'm from Sarawak too" He asked, "u foochow?" I answer "yes" he start communicate with me in "foochow" language. He said he will drop by office tomorrow and pass me his document, i said Ok.

Next day he came, he look for Ms Kiu, (i told him my name is Ms Kiu), i go out and see him. Once he saw me, he call out my chinese name! I got a shock, i look at him, wondering do i know him, and over here in KL very less people know my chinese name, they only know me as "Annie" or "Ms Kiu" or "Siew Nee" but not my chinese name. I really puzzle and look at him, and he said, "hey, you study at XXX primary school ma", your brother is xxx, selling xxx now ma." Hola!! Who is he, he telling me, eh, you cannot remember me?? I'm your SCHOOLMATE, primary SCHOOLMATE, my name is Wong xx, alamak!!!! I really don't have any idea who is he and not familiar with the name too! I tell you, it is the most embarrassing moment when i stood there and look at him, and cannot recognise him.

Can u imagine after more than 20 over years i bumped into my Primary schoolmate!!! He still recognised me!!! Don't tell me my look don't change at all!! Beside than become fatter and fatter! hahahhahahah. See we don't need to use Facebook to find our old schoolmate, but this one come to my door step and give me a shock!!Tell you , i really cannot remember any single of my Primary schoolmate, if said secondary, maybe i still can remember.

Hmmmm, glad i found my primary school old friend? Till today, i still cannot recall who is he. Maybe now the name do sound a bit familiar to me, but still not the look. hahahhaha

12 comments:

LittleLamb said...

Ooo you are foo chow also..
Me too..
small world.

Yes, i face the same situation as you. In Facebook, people add me and say "do u remember me"??

jazzmint said...

hehe wah what a small world eh

mybabybay said...

You not alone, it happens to me many times. Once someone shouted my name in the mall. I recognize her as my school mate but I forgot her name. Hehehe..I always use this trick, hey can I have your business card. :P

etceteramommy said...

Many of my friends said they bumped into this and that but it never ever occured on me. Strange. Either I have such bad memory that I cant recognise anyone or I have changed that much that nobody recognises me either. Sei lor..

Irene said...

wahahaha. keng wor, he can still recognise u after 20 yrs. he got a crush on you la, tats why still ingat u! wahahahha...

i also veri malu wen i cant remember ppl's names. i will blush, damn paiseh! :)

jppmom said...

LOL! I can visual u wit yer ???? face..yup, who need facebook right?

Sasha said...

aiyah u still look the same la. *wink*

jacss said...

aiyo...like that must be your secret admirer edi la! u r at d bright side, he was at d dark side that's why la......hehehe
it's a small world though !!

Amy Lum said...

haha,the world so small. i always facing such situation end up still can't recall who they are.

Lemonjude said...

haha, really so shoik got a person you not really know suddenly tell you so many things. May be you can find out from others in your FB to refresh your memory who is he..

sue said...

I'm the one who's always afraid if I say Hi to someone they won't remember who I am :S

allthingspurple said...

me too,leh. one time this man call out my chinese name and also lidat, blur blur. I can't imagine anyone can still recognise me after 20 years and after 10 kg extra ! haha!