Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I miss this soup!!

There is one day when this pretty lady show me what she had during her recent trip back to Ipoh, she make me drool and she make me think of my grandma, i miss my grandma, i miss the soup that she make, especially this soup!!!!

I cannot remember how long i never had this soup, after reading her blog, i said i must find this vege and cook this soup, but, over here in KL i don't know how to call this vege, maybe is salted vege, but i know is a bit different from the one that i had it in Sarawak.

Since my mum is coming over, so i told my mum i want this vege, i'm craving for this soup, my mum thought i'm pregnant! hahahahhahah, no no..i'm not pregnant! I just miss my grandma, 3/9 is the day that she leave us for the 9th years!!!

My mum was here last week, and she brought me the vege, the vege itself and also the instant one, i cooked the soup last week, my sons love it too!! Cruz told me..mommy, soup very nice! He and Fearles finish all the soup!!! I add an egg, and also some tomatoes and some vinegar to make it a bit more sourish, it just so yummyy......



this is the instant pack (zhou chai)

this is how the original vege look like, note the red colour thing, this is

how "foochow" use the left over rice red wine "cha" to do the marinate.

This is the soup!!!! yum!!! Some people will add in fried fish.

For me, i use soup bone.

11 comments:

huisia said...

i never try on this soup...but it does look yummy for me :)

L'abeille said...

Finally..you manage to heal your 'cravings' for ham choi tong! kekeke.. psst...pregnant ar?

Mommy to Chumsy said...

aiyo...this is yummy!!! so u just dump everything into the pot?

khongfamily said...

Wahh..your soup looks yummy lehh.

Wonderful Life said...

Hmm... i think in hokkien it's called 'buey chai' and cantonese called 'mui choy' if not mistaken which mostly people eat with porridge.

etceteramommy said...

Slurpssss..... yummy. I never boiled this type of soup b4. Must try...!!!

Irene said...

hehe. me also like this! yum yum yum!

Vien said...

I had something similar when I was at Shanghai..they boil this veggie with fish. It was sourish..and ooooh so yummy!

jacss said...

guess this has to be somethg very authentic of d foo chow coz i really had not seen it before nor trying it! d vege looks like salted vege here.... good that yr boys also like it, then mumy can boil this more often!!

Lemonjude said...

Never have it before..how it taste? looks very appetizing.

sue said...

I've never tried this soup before... but it sure looks nice and sour :P