Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Backdated - Happy Winter Solscite

This year winter solscite, i get my boys involve in making "tong yuen" for the 1st time. We bought the instant dough with the usual colour, white, pink and green. I was busy preparing wrapping the "spring roll" while sil lead her kids and my two boys doing the "tong yuen".

As i was busy with my food preparing, i forgot to snap the pictures! I only manage to get two pictures while they almost finish! This year i do some mould "tong yuen" for the kids, i do butterfly, ship, aeroplane, mickey, heart shape, and i didnt take any picture of it!! :( The kids too fast, before i can finish it, they all bring it to boil.



My boys was happy, they roll the plain "tong yuen" or some of it they put some "brown sugar" in it as paste. I'm not so fancy about tong yuen, i only like the instant one and with black sesame filling, yummy yummy! At my hometown, normally we eat the "dry type" tong yuen, we will coated it with peanut powder (not so fine type), something like "omuchi".

Happy belated "tong yuen" day to everyone, hope you all have a good one. :)

12 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Oohh I love tong yuen. Next year if you cannot finish, you call me ok?

Mommy to Chumsy said...

you did so many molds. should have taken photos eh? i tried using the bread cutter but it won't turn out :(

mybabybay said...

Yeah I don't fancy it either but it is fun to make it together.

laundryamah said...

ya ya ya i oso like the black sesame filling!! so yummy..my MIL bot some of those...

etceteramommy said...

I'm the lazy one. I bought those packet tong yuen. Hehehe...

Merry Christmas.

Irene said...

wah can do mickey mouse tong yuen ah? hehe.. keng lar u :)

chooi peng said...

merry xmas

slavemom said...

Too bad u din take pics of the cute tong yuens.
Merry X'mas to u n ur family!

Eva said...

Merry X'mas to u and ur family Annie ! :)

IMMomsDaughter said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you & yours :)

Lemonjude said...

They sure have fun rolling ya...the kids are good helper too..

Thanks for the SMS xmas wishes came right on 25/12-12am! Merry Christmas to you too..

Binky! said...

Looks like so much fun there.