Wednesday, February 04, 2009

My Maid, A Thief, A BIG Liar!!!!!

The title said it all! Yes, i suppose to post something happy about chinese new year, but this cambo maid really make me pissed off, i cannot help, but have to vent it out here again!!! I really don't hope this blog is all "polluted" by my cambo maid story, but what to do, this is the only place i can talk as much as i can!

Yes yes yes yes, my maid, a big liar, a thief!!!!!!!!! 2 months back, one of my sil's son lost her Nintendo at home, but no where to find. We already suspect is the maids took it, but not sure which maids, we did not spot check nor do any checking on their bag. We still put "trust" on the maid, after a month, still cannot no sign of the Nintendo, we give up, we know it's gone. We learn the lesson, have always to keep the Nintendo, after the kids play.

Yesterday sil told me she found her Nintendo already, and it's found by "MY MAID", she said she found it in guest room. We a bit puzzle, why after so long and now it suddenly appear in guest room. Actual story is, according to the other indon maid, my maid was playing Nintendo in the guest room, and she thought why there is sound in the guest room, she open the door and saw my maid there! I think my maid got shock when saw by the indon maid, after my sil back from picking up kids from school, my maid quickly take out the Nintendo and pass it to my sil said she found it. Last night i give her a good lecture, asking her is she the one who took it, she keep denied and said "NO!" sound like i accuse her for taking it! I yelled, i said want to sent her to police station, she still don't admit it, i was on the way to the Curve to meet up with some "mystery guests" (which i will blog about it in another post, i suppose to blog it now, but i can't!) and it was so bad jam, and i was rushing, because i was late, that made me didn't make a trip to police station and give her a fright see she will tell the truth or not.

Today evening, while i was still at work, hub give me a call, said the maid already admit she is the one who "took" the game boy and keep it. At first when hub question her she said she didn't take it, after a few question then said she only keep it for 3 days, hub asked again, only 3 days??? After few "hard" question, she finally admit she keep it for a month already!!!! See the big liar???? Not only this, after that hub said want to check her bag, just went to the maid's room and took out all her thing and start checking, detail and deep checking, never miss a thing. My maid actually not stupid, she is smart! My hub found a RM100 note on a basket with a newspaper wrap it into small piece and leave it in an obvious space, which normally we said "the most dangerous place is the safer place." Hub ask her where she got the money from, she LIE again!!! She said that is her "gong xi fa chai" money, hub said all her "gong xi fa chai" money is with me, how come she still got some more. Actually i just ask her to give me all her ang pow money and i will keep for her last few days, which she give it to me un-willingly and she put all the money together in one ang pow packet and seal it with cellotape and wrote her name big big in front. I saw it when i ask her to pass to me and she still not bring to me after a while and i check her in her room and saw her do that, i told her "you scare your ma'am STOLE your money?" I just shake my head and laugh. Now who is the one who stole money???? When hub ask her about the RM100 note money she said the money is from last year gong xi fa chai one. Then hub asked again, who will give you RM100 one piece as ang pow??? Don't lie!! She answer, she go out to the shoplot behind and change all the small note to RM100 note, smart ass???? Hub said again, "ok show me which shop you went, i had been staying here for more than 30 years, i know them well, which one you show me." She keep quiet, my hub asked again and again! She still denied it, hub wanted to pull her to the car and sent her to police station, she keep said "don't want". Hub give her another chance, either to tell the truth or go to police station. She said "yes, she took it from hub's pants while washing the clothes!!!!" My Godness!!!! My heart so pain and sad and disappoint when i heard my hub told me. I never expect she will do that, even though i always scold her for being lazy, slow, and she always drive me up the wall, but i really really didn't expect she will steal!!!! Hub called the agent and seek for advice, agent told us we cannot deduct their salary, but can give them warning, as they are really come from poor country, and the family member didn't do anything wrong, they are waiting for the money to sent back. Next we can do is to sent her back to agent for counselling, but i'm sure if we sent her back she will still be the same! Anyway, her contract is going to finish in another 7 months. I bet today she really scare her shit out of her pants. First time my hub spot check her thing and let him caught her red handed. Although i always spot check hers, i only found some tiny things, and some small toys, not as major as MONEY!!! I told my hub, "W0ah!! I salute you, you make her said out the truth, which she never ever tell me the truth, the answer she always give me is NO NO NO NO!!! I'm not doing that! Even though how fierce i am, how i tell her i will sent her to police station she also don't give a damn!"

Last, hub ask her to choose, to work or to go back home, she said she still want to work, hub give her last chance, if we caught her doing anything wrong again, no more "counselling" straight back to agent or police station. Me been really mean, after i came back from work, i didn't ask her immediately, after dinner i only ask her, "You steal thing?? Why you never admit when i ask you?" She give me a shy smile, you said i want to vomit blood or not???? AAARRRGGGGG!!!!! I hope she really learn from this lesson.

25 comments:

etceteramommy said...

Don't 'lo hei'. Hopefully she will really learn and know the seriousness of stealing and lying. :(

HN said...

Such a bad event happened during CNY period but cool down Annie ... There's really nothing much you can do either ... Experience told me that their habit and attitude would never change!Especially the smart one. So, please keep an eye on your belongings more carefully next time :)

coffeesncookies said...

they are always like that one. old habits die hard, always lazy & lying ! Nomatter how careful you are, if they are eyeing on your things, they'll find ways to steal
I hope she learns her lesson now and work diligently for the remaining 7 months ! Anyhow, before she leaves, scan her things thoroughly, including labels on her t-shirts, folded sleeves. Someone told me the maids are very clever, they hide the money in the shirt labels, coz they know how to sew ! Cool down and it's good to share with us, so we can be more careful too..

Krystal said...

Hopefully she'll learn her lesson. And be careful with all your money and jewellery.

jazzmint said...

sigh..i really dunno what to say bout ur maid and now i'm starting to suspect mine oso might be like that. i don't think she'll change, stealing is a habit, probably not for the amount, but it's a habit that they enjoy and get satisfaction. I've read a book about stealing and how happy they are when they stole something, not because they want to get that thing or use that money. So must be careful more often now and test her again few months later see if she has changed. Hope she would. Now i gotta go and setup some trap at home and see if my maid got steal or not LOL

Binky! said...

Whoa... the steam coming out from my ears have fogged my glasses!

Irene said...

hope she will never do it again, if not no more chances! but keng leh, ur maid plays nintendo! hahahaha!

good luck oh :)

Health Freak Mommy said...

My ex Cambo maid also like that. Kept my gals' story books for a few days and then threw them behind a cupboard when we looked for them. You really have to monitor your maid very closely fr now onwards. So do you want an Indon or Cambo maid the next time round?

Sasha said...

she can smile samo.. u never tell her "make sure u smile the same way when u're in police station okay?" and smile back at her. damn cilaka..

LittleLamb said...

now u really remind me that i need to check on my mom new maid. she is only 17. although same kampung as my maid, but need to be extra caution n careful.

luckily u found out now. we trust no maid..whether indon, cambo, myanmar, etc

laundryamah said...

learn her lesson? I bet she did, not about being wrong, about changing her strategy and location where to hide her future loots! Really these ppl cannot be trusted, they think by taking a portion from us, doesn't affect us as they always think they are the pathetic ones, the poor ones, so by taking some is NOT wrong. Seriously, nothing can scare them as they have gone thru war and persecution in the past, they hearts of stones! Why they are poor is nothing to do with surroundings, just plain laziness and culture. God is fair, everybody has chance, is a matter whether they will take the chance and work at it or not,,,

allthingspurple said...

In all honesty, I have never have the fortune to engage a maid who DOES NOT steal. In all my ten years of engaging Indon maids, all of them stole money, valuables, even kids stuff. Not to mention organic fruits over the normal fruits I gave them, and the swiss choc over the Cadbury I gave them to stop them from taking my kids swiss chos.

But true, having a maid is usually more a liability than assistance. We are sending ours back too, after months long of "biadap" attitute and throwing pots and pans attitute.

etceteramommy said...

Eh eh.. I want to add.. why not put another RM100 note in the pocket to 'test' her? That way you know if you should keep her for another 7 months or send her back to agent/police station right away..?? Greed is very difficult to overcome.. :(

Wonderful Life said...

Stay cool & stay calm... don't lo hei. Otherwise will add more wrinkles... :)

mommy to chumsy said...

wow, i can sense that your stress level shot up. take a deep breath :) now must really keep all the things carefully eh? i think now she dare not steal anymore...hehehehe.

IMMomsDaughter said...

WAH! Such a big issue. How you can tahan earlier ;) If me, I burst to tell the whole world already.

This maid really not stupid, can think so fast about the excuse of changing the money to $100 note when interrogated.

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

Yvonne ... can come back and add add somemore :)

Me no maid .. nothing to comment .. hehehe :)

Jacss said...

poor annie...looks like yr maid is continuing giving u hard time & now stealing is really a serious problem!! with this habit, it's really tough to live with a peaceful mind udr the same roof! yr family gotta be more cautious with the valuables...golds & $$$ esply.
really shiver by just thinking if it happens in my hsehold...
having said that, i must thank god... as mine would return any $$ found in our clothes even without us realising!!!
take care take care....
cool & smile ya...still CNY ma!!

FAMILY FIRST said...

My first time at your blog .. but my SIL recently (just before CNY) returned her maid .. and found 3 gold chains and cash for RM3,700 sealed in her comforter sheet! Our neighbour's maid stole Rm1,700 and sealed it inside her backpack!

Baby Sasha N Mom said...

Last 2 wks we just chat about camb maid, I thought I'm so lucky coz got a good camb maid just came 2wks and she performed very well. All of us the family members like her so much.

One day suddenly got mad and told me she wants to go home coz missed her mom. Shows me her damn face and fight back with me, even throw back the clothes and angpow on the floor. Check out my blog later when I blog about her real face..sigh la!

slavemom said...

Sigh... after more than 1 yr working with u, u'd thot they're rather reliable n trustworthy, at least to a certain extent. Then suddenly 'bomb' u with such incident. U'll hv to be more careful with ur belongings from now on.

mumsgather said...

Agree with the others that you have to be more careful from now on because bad attitudes are hard to change. :(

lemonjude said...

Hopefully after this round she won't make you vomit blood again...

Christina Chua said...

My maid's son had a accident somewhere early August, we really felt sorry for her. We helped her TT money back to Cambodia and even let her call her family to follow -up with the conditions of her son....from then the stealing incidents start...

For past weeks, my 11yrs old daughter started to suspect the maid stole her money (the money was given to her by her grandparents and aunties during her Bday, etc) from her wallet where she kept in the drawer..she lost RM300! We confronted the maid, she said it wasn't her, so we believed her.

This time, I told my daughter to count the money left in her wallet and wrote the remaining amount on a piece of paper, then wait and see what happens......

OMG, again she lost another RM100!!! We were so angry, again we confronted her, she denied ...so without hesitation we searched her room...what we found was so unbelievable...she stole coins, my little girl's accessories and even biscuits!!! Finslly, pictures of all these evidences and threaten to report to police then she admitted she did stole from my daughter. She did cried and asked for forgiveness but we didn't see any sincerity in it. As for my 3 daughters, they weren't happy, cos they fear that the "stealing habit" of hers...they insisted we sent her back to the Agent....

She promise that she will not steal from us again. Upon her pitiful son, we chose to to forgive her. We will give her another chance but that will be her last and only chance!

Unknown said...

網頁設計 網路行銷 關鍵字廣告 關鍵字行銷 餐飲設備 製冰機 洗碗機 咖啡機 冷凍冷藏冰箱 蒸烤箱 關島婚禮 巴里島機票 彈簧床 床墊 獨立筒床墊 乳膠床墊 床墊工廠 產後護理之家 月子中心 坐月子中心 坐月子 月子餐 銀行貸款 信用貸款 個人信貸 房屋貸款 房屋轉增貸 房貸二胎 房屋二胎 銀行二胎 土地貸款 農地貸款 情趣用品 情趣用品 腳臭 長灘島 長灘島旅遊 ssd固態硬碟 外接式硬碟 記憶體 SD記憶卡 隨身碟 SD記憶卡 婚禮顧問 婚禮顧問 水晶 花蓮民宿 血糖機 血壓計 洗鼻器 熱敷墊 體脂計 化痰機 氧氣製造機 氣墊床 電動病床 ソリッドステートドライブ USB フラッシュドライブ SD シリーズ