Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"Black Gold"

Last week, i went to morning market, i saw this "black gold", first glance at it, it look like mangoes to me, but how come so big mangoes? I ask the vege seller, what is it, he told me it is "black gold" from Bidor, hardly got. I asked, "is it sweet?" because i don't take sour stuff, he said "yea, very very sweet" but looking at the green skin it look sourish to me.


The vege seller told me, just keep it out for a day, don't put in fridge then can eat it the next day. I still find it funny, by looking at that big mangoes!! It cost me RM9 for just one mangoes. Sat, Elaine was at my house to pick up something, i show her the mangoes, i ask her whether she know what is it or not. She and her hub said "mangoes lo!!" hahahhahah To me, it still look like vege or something that fall under "cucumber" group.



this is call "black gold" wor...

see the plate underneath, cannot fit the mangoes

big?
it taste so good and so sweet!!!! Yummy!!!! I can't finish it!!

23 comments:

LittleLamb said...

first and second pic, i thought the mango change color.. like from raw to ripe..ahahahahhaha

now is last season for mango. if u like india mango, got a lot.

little prince's mummy said...

It looks raw from outside...

michelle said...

Penang got plenty here. Can go pluck it from tree also. :P

etceteramommy said...

I've seen and bought the big ones here but not all are sweet :(

mommy to chumsy said...

wow, this one looks big and juicy :D feel like eating one all by myself...hahahhahaha

Daddy said...

WOW. Huge. Mangoes....my wife's favourite.

Sasha said...

wah HUGE!!!

Mummy Moon said...

I like to eat mangoes. I think I can finish 1 whole big mango.. haha, end up I dont need to eat any more food

Anggie's Journal said...

yes yes yes ... i LOVEeeeee "uh kam" also ... i been eating alot of mangoes during this pregnancy !!

coffeesncookies said...

it's a really a huge mango ! For RM9, it's cheap compared to Indian mangoes. Eh.. next time buy more and let us taste k ? hahahha

soomingooi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soomingooi said...

This type of mango is called " harum manis". The skin will always stay green even though ripe. There is a big plantation in Perlis for this type of mango and the season to get it is only around March every year.
I know it because Perlis is my hometown :). Every year my hubby will wait for this season then we will buy a big pack back to penang. We miss it this year because we didn't go back during the season time.

2ma said...

yummy!!! so delicious leh!!! i can definitely finish the whole mango by myself *drool*

FAMILY FIRST said...

aiyoh! mango is my fav lah!

Health Freak Mommy said...

I love black gold mangoes.... Indian mangoes too. Really tasty and sweet but fattening too!

Big Pumpkin said...

How interesting! I dont think I've ever bought it. I love......mangoes!

lw said...

I love most apple mangoes, very sweet with a tingle of freshly sour.
You know, after the Tsunami, Aceh produced the yummiest mangoes I've ever ate, maybe the mangoes trees were fattened with very nutritious fertilizer... you know what i mean?

Lovely Mummy said...

i love to eat mangoes...black gold mango?? never heard of the name before. sweet and juicy???

slavemom said...

I love mangoes. But dunno their names/species. Jes makan oni. hehehe

janice said...

BIG and JUicy .. hehehe..
i love mangoes !!..
that's show.. dun judge the mango by it's skin .. wakakakaka..

Krystal said...

i really dunknow how to see sweet or sour mangoes oso lah. yesterday, i ate one mango i bought fr ttdi market - so SOUR man! wanna scold the indian lady di...haha...

MK mummy said...

my favourite leh, black gold mango. Too bad, I cant get it here. :(

Mummy to QiQi said...

so nice...luckily it is difficult/expensive to get such mango. otherwise rugi i cannot eat due to some health reason :(