Thursday, August 27, 2009

Poh Poh Birthday

YES, my mum was here already yesterday. She told me, when she just reached at the main gate, she saw my sons running out and greet her with a loud "happy birthday" song!!! LOL! She brought over my favourite and the food i missed - "kompia" and also some local mangoes which is so so sweet and smell good!! ( i didn't know sarawak got "local mangoes"?)



Yesterday was my mum chinese birthday and also it's the chinese "valentine day". I brought her to have a simple dinner nearby our house, Delicious @ Bangsar Village II, because just before we want to go for dinner, it rain cats and dogs and it is so so heavy and with loud thunder too!!! I know the traffic will be very bad if we go to downtown or PJ area, that's why we just choose a nearer place to have dinner.

First i pick up the cupcakes from Bisou, i order some cupcakes for my mum from Bisou. Hmmmm...i'm a bit disappointed with the cupcakes outcome, this is not what i expected, although this is the idea i give to the lady, tell her what i want, i thought she will make it "more beautiful" or "more attractive" a little bit? If this is the outcome, i shall just pick up the ready cupcakes at the counter instead of 'customize" my own one? I told the lady i don't want my cupcakes so sweet make it less sweeter, but it's still a bit too sweet for my liking. :(



cupcakes for my mum....





Anyway, back to our dinner, when we reached at Delicious, it's so packed, it's time for "buka puasa"!!! Lucky we still manage to get a table. This is the food that we order....


my duck conflict spaghetti...yummy!!



hub's curry noodles



mushroom soup, share with my mum



mum's spaghetti cabonara..



fried calamari


My boys had their dinner at home, so while we having our dinner, two of them are busy with their DS, and i feed them some spaghetti too.


After dinner, we went back home and had the "birthday cupcakes" cutting session. Light up the candles, and i got two singers can sing real loud "Happy Birthday" song, we got two version, one english and one chinese version birthday song! hahahahha


my two boys with their "poh poh"


happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday
to poh poh, happy birthday to you!


blow blow blow.......



yummy yummy......


me and my mum.....(i look so fat!!!)


poh poh, me , Fearles and Cruz


slowly licking the sweet frosting.....

This is a simple birthday celebration for my mum. :)

21 comments:

Lemonjude said...

Nice and warm celebration..Happy belated birthday to your mum, she still looks very young leh....the kompia is it a kind of biscuit or kuih? ...looks nice...i bet it was not selling elsewhere in kl.

btw, really the cupcakes look a bit plain...

reanaclaire said...

hey, this is a good idea too.. buying the cup cakes and decorating it.. are they glued to the cake pan? hhhmmm. the last pic of your licking the cake is priceless..hahaa... makes me drooling now...

michelle@mybabybay said...

How come your mom is not smiling? Ask the boys to tickle her a bit...heheheh

Mummy Moon said...

You look a lot like your mom, ops, Happy birthday to your mommy!

slavemom said...

Happy Belated Birthday to ur mom! It must hv been a great celebration for her, with her 2 handsome grandsons.

suituapui said...

Those "qui-nie" or local mangoes, not allowed to bring onto the plane - like durians, because of the strong smell. Looks like the in-thing, using cupcakes for the birthday cake. I guess that saves the trouble of having to cut into slices to serve...

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

You are a splitting image of your mum! Do the cupcakes taste good? Happy Birthday to dear auntie :)

mommy to chumsy said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your mom :D Hmm... the cuppies are a bit plain eh? What flavor did u get? I am still wondering how your kompia taste like...hahahahahahahaha

coffeesncookies said...

Your mom looks so young. Happy Birthday to Aunty !
Cakes looks nice from near but I think they could have done better arrangement. Looks so 'hoong liao liao' can see cake pan wor.. LOL !
Hey, duck confit pasta my favourite item at Delicious leh.
Enjoy yr long weekend with your MOM .. :)

mumsgather said...

You really resemble your mum. Happy Birthday to your mum. :)

LittleLamb said...

Happy Birthday to ur Mom...
Nice dinner and I thought the cupcake design was ok wor..heart shape..

and Yes, I miss those kom pia

huisia said...

hey, you take after your mother a lot!

happy belated birthday to aunty!

Lovely Mummy said...

Happy belated birthday to your mum, and you really look alike her...mother and daughter!

Irene said...

your mom looks very young lor, happy birthday to auntie yeah :)

hmmm... must try makan at Delicious, the food looks really gud :)

Wonderful Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wonderful Life said...

Happy birthday to Poh Poh!!

The cupcakes look yummy leh.... :)

BoeyJoey said...

What a yummy spread of food... Happy Belated Birthday to your mum!

IMMomsDaughter said...

Hi Annie, long time no see, you grow long hair already. So femenine looking ;)

2ma said...

happy belated birthday to your mum! she looks very young still!!

i tried konpia for the 1st time recently when i was in sitiawan. it taste good when its still hot!

Zara's Mama said...

The boys' poh-poh looked more like their yi-mah la.. your mum looks young!

Lil' Monsters, Inc. said...

Wah,u really look like yr mom hor!!!