Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Joke to share....

Received this forward mail from my friend. I find it is funny and interesting, here would like to share with all mummies out there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*THE MUM TEST*

I was out walking with my 4-year-old daughter. She picked up something off of the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that. 'Why?' my daughter asked. 'Because it's been on the ground; you don't know where it's been, it's dirty,And probably has germs,' I replied. At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked,'Mum, how do you know all this stuff? You are so smart.' I was thinking quickly and replied, 'All mums know this stuff. It's on the Mum Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mum.' We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information. 'Oh.....I get it!' she beamed, 'So if you don't pass the test you have to be the dad.' 'Exactly,' I replied with a big smile on my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Side note: If you think mummy's job is easy, it is not easy at all. I did not sit any "mum test" but i learn new lesson everyday. Nowadays, mummy has to be creative and smart to answer the kids on the never ending "why why why" questions and give them a satisfy answers. Sometime mummy also has to be a fierce teacher to coach them homeworks. Mummy has to be "naughty or playful" sometimes, to play monster or ultraman or superman or batman or what ever with the kids (if they are boys). Those working mum's work hour don't stop at 8 hours, back home, busy with the kids homework, shower them, entertain them. After they sleep, then only mummy's time to have a good shower, had a cuppa in front of the tv, that is also about 10.30pm at night. :) I'm not complaining, but just want to "ngam ngam cham cham" a bit. :)

11 comments:

little prince's mummy said...

Haha~ A funny one :)

BoeyJoey said...

Hahaha.. that's funny...

About the endless why questions, sometimes I'll just answer "I don't know" ... I really don't know ma...

Cynthia said...

hahhaha... ya lor, we all ngam ngam chum chum, then still happy happy do work for our children de... :D

coffeesncookies said...

Yes, we've got to be creative. Sometimes hubs and me find ways to block her from asking anymore whys.. very tiring to answer hor ?
Being a mum is indeed a big challenge, we never know what awaits us tomorrow but given a choice, I'd still choose to be a mum than a dad :)

Superman said...

Everyday think of what to cook already need a lot of creative ideas. 24-7.

IMMomsDaughter said...

Great joke. Must share with the hubs. LOL

I agree on the endless Why why why? Sometimes, I run out of answers and tell them "Because mommy say so!".

pauline s said...

thanks for sharing the funny joke. btw, i would be lucky if both my girls go to bed at 10.30pm, coz it usually drag on till midnight before both doze off. Both my girls got lots of requests.......story time, all the why questions, handling anney climbing up and down the bed etc. usually by the time they doze off, I would also be in my slumberland

jacss said...

that was a good share :D
i raised my 4 limbs in support to yr opinion that a mom's role is TOUGH....and kudos to u for not complaining!! while i'm proud to be one, i do complaint a lot, haha

suituapui said...

Protest! I took care of my girl a lot. The mum works on shifts...so very often not at home, so we spend more time together. I think that's why we're closer...but when it comes to girly things, she still confides in her mum.

michelle@mybabybay said...

lol...did your hubby read this.

Big Pumpkin said...

Loved this!