Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Over the long weekend......

I did some baking and roasting on Friday since it is a public holiday. I got the new orange cupcakes recipe from this mummy, I have yet to try out and my previous baking was using premix, this round i thought i should try this with the step by step recipe.

I also grill/roast some chicken wings for the family for dinner, same recipe as before. Me and the two boys woke up late on Friday morning, and i lazy to fix them any bento lunch, so i bring them out for MCD lunch. hahahahhaha


Back home i took out my chicken wings and start grill/roast it, while roasting the wings, i set up the 8 feet tall christmas tree (ya, we are very late this year, blame on the laziness).


chicken wings before and after......



christmas tree.....



Whole afternoon just busy with this christmas tree, after dinner touch up the tree with some lighting then fully complete, but did you notice there is no "star" on top of the christmas tree? I don't know why Cruz very particular about that "star" he had been "nagging", "question", "buzzing" me everyday and almost every hour about where is the star. Why there is no star? Why i have not buy it. *shake head* I told him, i'm busy i have yet to get the star ask him to wait, but he still never fail to ask me that question everyday!!! Till last night i told him, if he ask me "where is the star" again i will throw away the christmas tree. hahahahhahahhaha (me so bad huh!!)

Ok, now back to my "topic", off track already. Tired for the whole afternoon, thinking maybe will bake the cupcakes the next day, but end up i still bake! I'm excited to try my hand on the new recipe. The cousins (bil's kids) had been asking me or "sweet talk" to me about how nice is my cupcakes, they miss my cupcakes, why no bake for them cupcakes nowadays, when they know i'm going to bake cupcakes they got excited, keep ask me what time i start baking they want to see. When i start bake my cupcakes at 7.30pm, 5 kids are in the kitchen busy together with me, i told them this is my "new experiment" if come out not nice, they have to finish it all, they told me, no problem, even not nice they will finish all! How sweet huh? hahahhahahha

This is my first time bake using step by step recipe and also using papercup instead of my cupcakes silicon cup. I didn't know i have to put the papercup in the cupcake tins or cake tin (see i tell you i don't know how to bake!! The basic knowledge i also don't know. :( ) That's why when i put the batter in the papercup, it went odd shape, i thought once i put it in the oven it should be ok...but....u see my cupcakes or more like BUNs!!!



the "fail" project....:(


Although the cupcakes look not nice, but the taste is good, not i said it, i got prove. I bake about 24 cupcakes, on the night itself all gone, each of the kids ate three, including your truly! LOL! It only left 4 for the next day breakfast. Since i got a fail project, i never give up, i bake another batch on Saturday, hahahhahahhahahahahaha, this round i use my "cute" silicon cup, this time look a bit better, and i use some "harder" papercup which can hold the batter better.


look better this round? hahahhahahah.....i want to try another batch this week, as those in the papercup one it 'sank" after i took it out from the oven. :( Sifu Elaine told me either i set the temperature too high or for some reason i have to find out. :( More practise to go and hope i can get a better one next round. I won't throw away the not-so-nice cupcakes, but i got a bunch "guinea" pig to try out my cupcakes, they can "sapu" all. hahahahhahah



17 comments:

BoeyJoey said...

Wah... 8 feet tall christmas tree! Ours is only 4 feet tall :-)

Haha... when I first looked at your muffins, I thought they look like Michellin baby's muscles! Important is tasty ma...

Mummy Moon said...

What a busy weekend you have there! Let your son draw a big star and put it up at the tree!

I want cup cakes! If no one sapu your creation, bring it for us hehe.

reanaclaire said...

hey, i love your christmas tree!! hahaha..so tall.. reminded me of this song First Of May..
the cup cakes too sempit la.. hahaa..pity them..but regardless, all looked yummy la!!

suituapui said...

LOL!!! You need a bigger tray...or bake in two batches. Poor cup cakes squeezed in between one another! I'm not putting up a tree this year, my daughter said no need! Putting up is nice...but taking down and putting away seems to be such a hassle. Dunno why...

mommy to chumsy said...

omigod i am drooling at the food. when are you going to bake some for me eh? hehehhehehe. love your xmas tree :)

CH Voon said...

yummy!

i want to eat!

You make a lot!

smallkucing said...

Wow love your Christmas Tree

Anney said...

The chicken wings look yummy!!! I love the cute silicon cups!

coffeesncookies said...

practise makes perfect. my first cake turned out like pudding, i had to throw it away. :(
Soon, I'll be seeing more baking post on yr blog ya ?
Cheers n Merry Christmas !

etceteramommy said...

Wow, I see a huge Xmas tree there. Wishing you a blessed and joyous Christmas celebration for you and family.

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Both the chicky wings and cupcakes look great! Can I have the cupcake recipe?

Anggie's Journal said...

heh ... ur cup cake getting there already ... keep up ... btw Merry Christmas to you and your family ........... *.*

slavemom said...

U'll get perfect cupcakes vy soon, coz u've got so many "supporters". ;)
Merry X’mas to u and your family!

wenn said...

merry xmas!

twin said...

ur cupcakes looks delicious!! hmm yummy. merry christmas!!!!!!!!

Angeleyes said...

You can always go get those pleated cups (like those I used) from Bake with Yen or Chan Tong in Taman Megah or most of the baking supply shops now.

Yeap... practice make perfect! Jia You!

2ma said...

love your gigantic christmas tree & also your never give up attitude!!! gan ba tei!!!