Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kampua Noodles

For my every trip back to my hometown, the only food that i will eat everyday that will be Kampua. I bet if you go and ask around those from Sibu, if they are away from home, what is the food they miss the most, i can said you will get the answer mostly is "kampua".

Almost two years i am not going back, during this trip back, first thing i go is hunt for my kampua noodles. Many people ask me what is kampua, i don't know how to explain the taste, it is a bit like "wan tan" noodles here, but taste a lot different, i still prefer my kampua. You can either have it white (original) or black (with soya sauce). I like mine with black and with chili sauce, that's why you can see the picture, most of my kampua is in black color.

After eating for 7 days, Cruz also start to like kampua, everyday when i have my kampua, he will ask some, he like the spicy version, Fearles don't take spicy food, so he only take normal kampua.

This is the second day breakfast, because my boys want to have roti canai, so my mum bring me to Yummy Coffee Shop to have breakfast. She said the roti canai is good at this coffee shop but the kampua so so only. Actually in Sibu, you can find kampua almost in every coffee shop. I thought all will be the same, till that day i tried the one @ Yummy coffee shop, taste not so good and i didn't even finish it!


look good but taste so so only..:(


liver soup with foo chow red wine - YUMMY!!

Most kampua stall they got the liver soup, i always love to ask them to add more red wine for me, some table, they will put the red wine and we add ourselves.



my boys and their roti canai breakfast!!!



Thanks to blogging and i get to know Sibu bloggers, and from their blog i know how is my hometown doing and where to hunt for more good food. I met up with STP again for the second time, (first time met up with him is in KL)and another young and good looking guy Superman for the first time (mind you, he is handsome! That's why he want to remain anonymous!!) We decide to have kampua session instead of some lunch or dinner. We went to this Rasa Sayang Cafe, which STP had blog about it, they only serve three types of food, which is kampua, beef noodles and laksa!! I didn't take any picture, because inside of the cafe is a bit dark. In fact i went there two days in a row, i can't wait to go with STP and Superman and i went with my mum day before, because STP had been telling me this Rasa Sayang cafe serve very good kampua, i cannot wait for one more day. ahahhahhahahha

I have to thanks STP again, to take the trouble to pick me and the boys up from my mum house, my mum was not free that day and could not sent me there and i don't know the way!! I didn't take much pictures, because i am taking care three kids, as my brother's son was staying overnight at my mum place, so he is follow me to the blogger meet too! We had a good time to yak and eat, and i had my "stress' time too to get the kids to eat their mee. You can see my "fierce and angry" face in STP's blog!! I told my boys we are going to meet "superman" for breakfast, they got excited want to see "superman", they want to see he can really fly? When we bid good bye, my boys told me "superman" no fly, he drive car!!! LOL!! Really great to meet up with STP and his missus and Superman! !


kampua @ Rasa Sayang - YUMMY (i am so hungry now looking at it)


Cruz with his bowl of mee sharing with Fearles


Fearles not so fond on the kampua noodles.

On the 5th day breakfast, my brother brought me to this Lot 10 Kopitiam *not Lot 10 shopping mall in KL* , i had a good laugh at the name. :P He told me the kampua is good and also the beef noodles. Since i am die hard fans of kampua, i still order my kampua and order a bowl of beef soup without the noodles. Verdict - food is good!!


Lot 10 kopitiam! LOL


this is the stall that serve very good beef noodles.


my bowl of kampua - YUMMY!!! *hungry*


sister in law's kampua, i didn't know i can order roast pork!


beef noodles soup w/o the noodles

There is one more coffee shop behind the poly-clinic sibu, the kampua is very nice too. I had frequent to this coffee shop everytime when i go back, that is before i read STP and Superman's blog, now they recommend more nice one. :) That coffee shop also serve very yummy "wan tan" , we called it "pian sik" in sibu, the skin texture is so so soft and smooth and not thick! The skin texture a lot different from what we had here in KL, *sorry no picture to share*. hahahahha

On my last day, i still manage to eat one bowl of kampua before my flight @ 9.15am @ "Xi Bin Yuen" coffee shop (behind poly-clinic Sibu, corner coffee shop)


YUMMY!!! *i'm drooling when i am typing this post* HELP!

17 comments:

Mommy Ling said...

all foods...argggh! Hungry still waiting for food to come..hahhaha

suituapui said...

The roti canai looks good. At Yummy eh? Must go and try. Usually I would go there for the kueh chap!

I have a post on pork liver soup also...but I think I'll keep it on stand-by till I've finished with my Kuching posts... Lots to post!!!

Most welcome, and nice seeing you and the boys again.

Merryn said...

I'm not from sibu but I'm missing kampua noodles too! :D so yummylicious.. kenot get good ones in kl!

reanaclaire said...

Look like wanton mee to me.. but then they r not... i only tried those kolok mee in miri last time.. kampua, never yet.. hope one day i can go and wallop them!
at same time, meet up superman.. as u said, he is very handsome?? haaha...

lynette said...

WOW! kampua all the way.. make me wanna go sibu and eat! hahahaha

smallkucing said...

Looks like wantan mee to me la. I love the look of liver soup with foo chow red wine . I think i would love that :D

Pete said...

Hometown food are the best! STP is our Kampua expert!

mNhL said...

Wow...so many versions of kampua!!

mommy to chumsy said...

my god...not only you...i am drooling now. i know i'm going to love this kampua noodles :D

jacss said...

eh, i hv never heard of kampua noodle but it looks bit like our hakka mee here :D
u surely had a very satisfied time eating kampua heh...so many times u ate, omg, LOL!!

cleffairy said...

I agree with smallkucing. Looks like wantan mee... LOL...

suituapui said...

Looks only, Cleff! Definitely NOT like wantan mee! You people over there real blur one!!! Come over here and try...and then you tell us whether it is like wantan mee or not... And not like hakka mee either!

IMMomsDaughter said...

Walaueh, all kampua only. I prefer the white one actually. I too am a huge fan of kampua mee but due to cholesterol, have to cut down. Glad you are feasting happily.

laundryamah said...

wah looks like i need to make a trip to Sibu!!

coffeesncookies said...

screening through each of your kampua noodle (did that in FB and now again,, haih.. making me hungry), i noticed the noodle are lot thicker and egg-ier looking than wantan mee and the whiter it is, the nicer it should taste. I should think a good noodle would require some secret sauce to make it tasty (and definitely not dark soya sauce).
EH !! you took an early flight back, should have asked you to tar-pow some for us lah.... kekekeke...

Alice Law said...

Ohhh.... no wonder you sound so familiar, I read about you at STP's blog! Nice to know you, he didn't mention in such detail about the meet up and the noodles... really looks delicious!

Unknown said...

網頁設計 網路行銷 關鍵字廣告 關鍵字行銷 餐飲設備 製冰機 洗碗機 咖啡機 冷凍冷藏冰箱 蒸烤箱 關島婚禮 巴里島機票 彈簧床 床墊 獨立筒床墊 乳膠床墊 床墊工廠 產後護理之家 月子中心 坐月子中心 坐月子 月子餐 銀行貸款 信用貸款 個人信貸 房屋貸款 房屋轉增貸 房貸二胎 房屋二胎 銀行二胎 土地貸款 農地貸款 情趣用品 情趣用品 腳臭 長灘島 長灘島旅遊 ssd固態硬碟 外接式硬碟 記憶體 SD記憶卡 隨身碟 SD記憶卡 婚禮顧問 婚禮顧問 水晶 花蓮民宿 血糖機 血壓計 洗鼻器 熱敷墊 體脂計 化痰機 氧氣製造機 氣墊床 電動病床 ソリッドステートドライブ USB フラッシュドライブ SD シリーズ