Saturday, May 29, 2010

a day i will remember forever!

24th May 2010, my boys birthday and also something bad happen to me for the very first time, that's why i said this is a day i won't forget forever!

After my boys birthday party in school, we went back home and took a power afternoon nap, i am just so dead tired. Evening time still thinking what to eat, then hub said, why not go to SS2 the food court there had our dinner, then we can walk at night market. (SS2 night market is on Monday night). After having my boys, i hardly go to night market, i think i only went for 2-3 times in 4 years. The last, i went i cannot remember is when, i think that is last year, but we went early, at least not so crowded.

After dinner, we walk around pasar malam. We stopped at a CD stall, to get some CDs, after paying, we walked again, after walked passed few stalls, i stop by a stall selling those shorts, i thought getting some shorts for my boys, after choosing, i want to paid money, when i put my hand into the bag, i cannot find my wallet, i told the lady, wait, i come back shortly, i went to opposite stall, told my hub i cannot find my wallet, so i stand there open my bag, search and search, cannot see, hub said, no need to find, must be been stolen by someone already. I still wondering how can "the someone" stole my wallet in my bag and yet i don't realize it. Then i only saw a big cut on my bag!!!! That time i was too shock and don't know what to do. Hub went to the stall paid the money then told the lady my wallet been stolen, the lady give me a shock face then said, it happen always!!! :(

Then we continue walking and at the same time, i make calls to bank to block all my cards and went to the police station to make report (since nearby there, there is one police station). In fact, the road that we are standing just opposite police station!! The policewoman took all my detail and took a look at my bag and told her higher superior, there is case at the night market, immediate i saw some of them went out to the pasar malam and patrol.

I am very sad and shock, on the other hand, my boys are excited to be in police station, asking non stop questions, where i have to tell them, to stop talking a while when i need to think a lot. I told hub, i just hope those pick pocket who took my wallet, take my money and return the ic and driving license to me. You know how hassle have to go through all and do the documentation again! After spent about 45 mins at the police station, we went back home.

While i almost reach home, the lady who do my pedicure called me. I was wondering why she called me late a night, and she had already resign like one month ago! That time just within few second i think a lot, would it be she found my wallet, but she stay not near to SS2..bla bla bal..i answered the call. She ask me " you drop your wallet?" I said "no, someone stolen it!!!" She said someone called her, said found my wallet. I was so stunt, happy, and i don't know what to said, i can feel i am shivering!! She gave me the contact number ask me to call. I call the number immediately, a lady answer, she said someone found my wallet and the wallet is with that uncle now, ask me where am i . I told her, i am almost home, ask her to wait for me, while i sent my boys back home first then i go and meet her. She said she want to close stall and went home already, i told her, wait for me, i be there in 15 mins!!! She told me, your wallet got no more money, but card and ic all still got, i told her i already expect that.

Reach home, woke the maid up, ask her to settle my boys, and i rush out with my hub. You know when i need rushing, ask him to drive, it shall no problem, F1 driver!!! We reach there in a very short while ( can imagine the speed my hub drive?) I contact the lady again, then i went to pasar malam and look for her, and hub waiting in the car, because at that hour still hard to find parking @ 10.40pm!!! The lady brought me to a man who found my wallet, he said he saw my wallet in front of his car, he is also one of the vendor at pasar malam, then they told me, sorry they have to go through my wallet, they saw the name card that the lady do my pedicure, they give her a call and try luck, they said if still cannot get me, they want to pass the wallet to police station already.

That time, i don't know what to said beside than keep saying "thank you very very much"!!! I said money gone it's ok, at least all my document and cards still around! I give them some token, they refuse to take, i told them this is just little a token to said my thanks, they keep refuse to take and said this is part of their "responsible" to help the customer. We start a "little drama" there, passing the $$ around :( I told them, just settle it among themselves i have to go also, because my boys are waiting for me at home.

Phew! What a day, my son's birthday and also my first been pick pocketed!! I have to salute the pick pocket, so pro, when they slit my bag and took my wallet out, i cannot feel at all!!! In my bags i got two nintendo DS same size with my wallet, and yet they just took my wallet and not the two DS. I got house key, my handphone, tissue, wet tissue all, lucky all not dropped out. I have to thank god for his mercy, watching over me. I cannot think what if they just accidently slit me instead of the bag, what if they harm my boys.

A lesson to learn, and told myself to be more alert, no more a big bag for me to bring to pasar malam, or i will stop going for while or i will go early instead of later at night. :(



see how pro they slit my bag, if you don't see properly you won't know there is a big cut! They cut through three layer of the bag and without me realize!!

29 comments:

coffeesncookies said...

thank god nothing happened to you, despite what you went thru' I always thought if could have been worst, they could have got your house key and used your credit cards immediately.
Those scumbugs are all around and we have to be more vigilant.

mommy to chumsy said...

yeah...thank god nothing bad happened to you. i can't help but laugh when i read about your boys being excited inside the police station. i can imagine all the questions they were asking...hehehehe

ryeli said...

omg! to have them cut the bag like that meant they have a very sharp knife! yes, you're lucky in a sense that they did not harm you or the boys.

hey, the bag i had that was snatched also same colour like yours wor. anyway, you're lucky to get your wallet back - nothing i had from my bag was given back. so many sentimental stuff (my first designer handbag, a very new wallet, my old phone with rye li's baby pics and recordings, etc!). every time i think if it, i so kek sum. but have to think the bigger picture that i wasn't harmed.

suituapui said...

Ya...it happens all the time. There have been cases like that even here in Sibu. Better do like what I do - carry a lousy old paper bag - so lousy that even if you leave it anywhere, nobody wants to take...
http://suituapui.wordpress.com/2010/04/06/faithfully/
They only want nice expensive looking bags.

Inspired Momx1 said...

Hi, dropping by to say hi. I always go makan at SS2 wei sek gai wo and the pasar malam too. The way they cut your bag proves that they are pro. Luckily nothing bad happened to you, it could be worse.

mNhL said...

Phew! Luckily nothing happend to you and family. And luckily all the cards are still in the wallet. Else, really headache to reapply everything and have to pay fine somemore.

Merryn said...

omg! i read this post and felt so sad.. thank God nothing happened to u and family and thank God u got back ur documents. but thinking back.. scary!

smallkucing said...

Despite the bad thing, there is still good Samaritans around :D

CH Voon said...

why those people have hands and legs... not go to find a proper work to do?

sorry to hear this news. Next time, must be more careful. better dont bring a big bag around if go to pasar malam.

MeRy said...

The thief must be super talented..can cut our bag so widely N u dun even realized it.
Lucky all our important docs n cards are intact...

chewsheiwei said...

I experienced before too. I m very lucky coz nothing been stole that time but the bag is been cut just same like you. My wallet put inside the pocket of the bag with zip. That's really good luck to me. So take care, after that experience, i never bring bag to pasar malam anymore.

Pete said...

Must be careful at crowded places nowadays. This happen a lot too at the wet market that I go to every weekend.
You must check all your credit card to make sure that they did not swap it with other people expired card. There is a syndicate that do this with similar card so the victim is nor aware that the original card is missing.
Luckily you got your ic back.

Anggie's Journal said...

sory to hear that .... glad u get back all ur cards and ic ... it happened one to me, i lost EVERYTHING, and hv to reapply ALL cards and IC .. hv to took leave off to run here and there ... really tau tong !!

reanaclaire said...

yeah, thank God they didnt slit yr arm accidentally.. yes, big bags, u dont feel it, right? some more, nice leather bag wor..
good and relieved u got all your important documents back! at least he threw back the purse where someone can find it otherwise more hassle.. sigh, i guess we have to go thru this at least once a lifetime. mine got snatched in the 1980s.. so much hassle!

jacss said...

omy annie, like u said it's really hard to believe that it can be done in such way without you realising at all!! too scarry....
but lou thou saying, at least u were spared from harm & spared from the hassle of losing yr impt documentation!! yes, we hv to be very alert with our surroundings!! next time try sling bag & place it at yr front :D

Cynthia said...

really thank GOD nothing bad happen to you or the boys... the other place with this kind of 'pro' will be Petaling Street also.. my cousin got hers slit the same way like yours..

prince n princess mum said...

Scarey leh.....

mom2ashley said...

ai yo...so scary la....i am very paranoid when it comes to going to pasar malam....
also not only that......paranoid when i drive too of bastards on the bikes who break car windows and rob lady drivers' bags!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

At least the thieves were only interested in the moolah. If not, really mafan to get new cards & IC and all those. Next time put your money in your pocket. I have been bag-snatched 3 times in a span of 10 months. Really "suay"!

Lemonjude said...

I always bagless when go pasar malam or bring sling bag if want and must put in front of me not side way or back...coz really heard so much of this...

Anyway, you are a few lucky one in this case for you can find back your IC, license and not hurting you.

mott said...

wah..lucky you weren't slashed. So sharp the 'tou'! Lucky ur IC stuff aso still there... 'honest' thief!

Cannot ask u to be careful aso..becoz even if you are, these ppl still will find way to rob you!

Mommy Ling said...

Oh gosh..i think it happened to my cousin once before. Same case liked u too. ever since that, i dont bring shoulder bag anymore especially going to night markets.

Anyhow, lucky enough to get back ur documents.

Irene said...

good thing is they jes took the money. save you the hassle. all this damn thiefs! $@%^#%^@%#^@#&%@!

janice said...

owh my .. that was a very BIG slit leh .. they are really PRO..

good thing is u got back all the ic and licence.. next time hv to be more careful lor..

khongfamily said...

OMG Annie!!! Thank God you got everything back except the cash...that is most important. Now I have to be very careful when I go to pasar malam since I carry a big bag and slinging Aerynn at the same time!

Lovely Mummy said...

Oh, so dangerous. Thats why I worry to go crowd place. glad that you got back all ur cards...not to carry hangbag when go to night market...

Health Freak Mommy said...

These pick pockets are really SO pro!! Thank God you are not harmed. My h/bag got snatched by a motorcyclist many yrs ago and till today, I have a phobia of walking on the road with my handbag.

2ma said...

luckily nothing happened to you, and finally, you got all your docs/cards back!

Etceteramommy said...

Reading it alone sends shivers down my spine. It's really scary. Thank goodness everyone is ok. Make sure your boys don't hold anything valuable with them too next time.