Monday, July 26, 2010

Telling lie

24-07-2010 mark my boys turn 62 months old, ie: 5 years and two months old.

Cruz always the mischievous, cheeky, and full of naughty ideas in his mind. Last week Saturday, after they finish their homework and piano practise, i let them watch tv in the room while i am doing my pictures taking for my online store.

After done with my "project", i went back to the room, i find nothing wrong till i walk into my walk in wardrobe, i saw some hair on the floor. I thought that is my hair, since now i am keeping long hair, sometime there will be some hair on the floor, i pick up the hair, but it look short, could not be mine. I didn't think much, i clean the floor, and when i about to throw the hair into the dustbin i saw more hair inside the bin! Slightly longer and quite a bunch, i walk out the wardrobe and look at the boy's hair, see who is having the "new style" but both hair look ok to me. I start question who play with scissor and cut the hair? First one i question of course is Cruz, i know him. I check his hair, i did saw a few hair was standing up and slight shorter than other hair, i asked him did he cut the hair himself, he give me the innocent look and tell me "no" i asked thrice, he give me the same answer. I said "fine, who tell lie, god will know, and tonight when you sleep and your teeth will drop off, because you tell lie". Two of them give me a "ok" look.

Later in the evening, when i shower them i asked again (ya, i never give up on asking! hahah), i still got the same answer, "NO". Night time when i put them to sleep and greet them good night, i talk softly to Cruz " mummy don't scold you, you tell me, did you cut the hair youself?" He look at me, pause a while and nodded his head with his tearing eye. I said "ok, next time do something wrong, admit and said Yes you do, don't tell lie, i don't like people to tell lie". He nodded again.

The next day, Sunday, i never give up (hahhaha) i ask again Cruz about his misbehave. " Why you cut your hair yesterday? Did you cut your hair by yourself ?" Cruz said " yes", i asked again, "then why you tell lied yesterday when i ask you?" Cruz said " because i scare you scold me!!" (that said i am a fierce mama!) I asked, "why you cut your hair yourself ?" Cruz said " because i play helicoptor (the remote control toy) and it stuck on my hair." So this is the reason why he cut the hair himself, he scare get scold from me! :(

Cruz oh Cruz, now i have to keep remind him, cannot tell lie! Do something wrong, must admit and i also have to change my way to teach them, instead of scolding them, i have to tell them and explain to them why cannot tell lie.

14 comments:

smallkucing said...

they are scared. But at least they admitted in the end. Good job

mommy to chumsy said...

hahahahhahah...so how did he look with the new haircut? i hope it is not noticeable. i think all kids go through this telling lie stage because they are afraid of being scolded.

reanaclaire said...

wah.. annie the tigress ah!! so it was not his fault that he simply cut.. it was bec of the helicopter.. :p

janice said...

onyok... Cruz is actually very sweet.. he jz dun wan mommi to scold nia.. poor thing.. the helicopter stuck on his hair..

L'abeille said...

Wow Annie...a good approach by teaching a child not to lie! There's so much to learn from you. :)

Annie Q said...

smallkucing: they admit when i softer my "tone" :(.

mommy to chumsy: Lucky the hair cut not so noticeable, just little strand. Can see some little hair shorter at the back centre. :( Hope they don't do this often, should use a "positive" way to tell them instead of scolding them huh?

reanaclaire: me tigress ar? I think i am lioness!! LOL Ya, he should just tell me earlier that the helicopter stuck on his hair, maybe like i said, i am a fierce mama, that's why they scare me a lot! :)

Janice: he scare me scold, and he want to act smart also, settle the "problem" himself instead of telling me.

L'abeille: I am still learning too. :(

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

Good that in the end he admitted after you 'change tone'. I read before somewhere that parents should try avoiding asking them, 'Did you do it?' as it just 'forces' them to lie to us. But donno how true this is la :P

suituapui said...

Not just children, adults also tell lies - little white lies...or scared "somebody will scold". Your hubby also scared or not? Hahahahahaha!!!!

CH Voon said...

u sell clothes as well.

quite a long time, u never bring them to cut their hair?

mNhL said...

hahaha.....cruz is doing something right indirectly - in order to release the helicopter from his hair.

haha...the never give up mama.... good. At least you got the answer you wanted.

prince n princess mum said...

Never stop reminding..

jacss said...

hehehe....tell lie not grow longer nose meh? thot that was what pinochio taught....haha
the innocent tearing look must be very cute :P

BoeyJoey said...

that's a good one ah... tell lie teeth will drop off! hahaha, let me try it on my kids :-D.

slavemom said...

They're more afraid of u scolding them than their teeth dropping out in their sleep. LOL Well, at least he wasn't playing with scissors.