Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A mini project

Two weeks ago, me and my boys had some mini project. Saw it at Pinterest, think it is quite interesting, i can try it with my boys. Here, our mini project....

First, collected some egg shells, when you break an egg, don't break it halve, just cut the top part, so you can have more space to fill the soil.

fill it like this...



this is how it look after you fill the soil


i let the boys do it...they are having fun.


fill all the egg shells with soil then add in the onion..



i fill another egg carton with some soil, another way to
plant spring onion.



few days later you will see some already growing..


after two weeks...tada.....nice and cute?? hahahah



this is our mini project, now waiting for the harvest time. :)



16 comments:

Inspired Momx1 said...

Wow! Homegrown spring onions from the garden. Nice!

Cynthia said...

wow... nice project there...

yvonne said...

Cute idea!

And good for my kitchen too :p

MeRy said...

So nice...

LittleLamb said...

I really like this project. is it easy to grow? put in sunlight? need to water? and u eat a lot of eggs ar...ehehhehe

mNhL said...

Aiyo...such a good idea! And fun for the kids to see their 'baby' growing.

jazzmint said...

good idea. Now no need to ask the veg lady to give onion :)

Yee Ling said...

Yes...I saw this too. I also want to start up this project and I dont know what to plant. Now you gip me some ideas...

Family First said...

Seems like something fun I can do with Bryan. Can use those small red onion we buy to cook?

Annie Q said...

Inspired Momx1: Yes, homegrown spring onions, cute hor.

Cynthia: Yea, you can try too.

Yvonne: Oh ya, nice deco for the kitchen too and easy to get. :)

Mery: Thanks. You can try too, very easy.

LittleLamb: Yes, very easy to grow, within 3-4 days, you can see it grow a bit. Not direct to sunlight,they need sunlight and water too. Aiyo, my house big family ma, and lots kids, they love egg, so i asked the maid collect the egg shells for me lo. And this is not a day consumption la. hahahah..A week or two weeks collection.

mNhL: Yea, i like this idea too, cute cute.

Jazzmint: hahahha, but, this homegrown and since it is in the egg shells, it won't grow very big and fat. Skinny and not too long.

chinneeq said...

thanks for sharing. this comes handy as we just bought some soil, planning to plant something but dono what to plant, hehe...

coffeesncookies said...

did you harvest the spring onions ? they make good topping for the yam cake :D

Mummy Moon said...

This is nice, I like spring onions. I always think of planting some at home, just that don't want to invest to buy pots lah, and staying in the condo also no place to put the pots.

CL said...

cool project .. thanks for sharing it... I need some projects to occupy my girl's time soon .. summer holiday is coming ...

mom2ashleyaidan said...

FUN!! Ashley saw this post and said she wanted to do the same thing :)

Jobless Girl said...

Oh, thank. I learn new trick here.